• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SDR Under Tunnel Exhaust review

Muffin

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper RTX SE
Well I finally got around to installing my new exhaust

I was impressed with the quality of the unit. All stainless and fully TIG welded. The flange clamp is very beefy and will hold well. I like how he supplied the aluminum block off plate sandwhiched between MFD board so it would not get scratched in shipment.

The instructions were done very well and the install was very straight forward and easy to do. Probably about a 4 with changing a belt as a 1 and an engine overhaul a 10.

One thing I would recomend is to competely remove the header. It makes it a ton easier to cut and the fit with the new muffler. The fit is pretty tight and I ended up carefull pounding it on with a chunk of wood and mallet. Be very carefull removing bolts at and around the dougnut and header. The heat cycles make the hard to remove and you don't want to strip them of snap them off. A little liquid wrench goes a long way.

It was a good thing to remove my header because I found my doughnuts were in bad shape. I have 4k for miles and the center doughnut was gone the outside two were 50%. My dealer have new ones in stock, but if I do this again I will go with copper ones from OFT.

I carefully cut the seat support but instead of riveting it back in place I reused the stock bolt on method so it would be easier to remove in the future for doughnut replacement. I removed the cross strut inside the seat support. This was used to support the old exhaust and I felt is was not needed. Time will tell if this was a smart move. It is my hope to have Skinz make me a custom bag to fit into my new storage area.

The supplied block off plate was a perfect fit.

I also painted the bottom of the seat pan (black) for a cleaner look.

I have a pnuematic rivet gun and highly recommend one for the project. You can get them cheap at Harbor Frieght. Get the one for up to 1/4 rivets, its alot more powerfull and works great.

Take your time and layout the rivets with a ruler so they look professional.

The sound is great. Don't kid yourself, it is louder, but its a good loud. Much tougher and throatier sound. Good not annoying.

I will get you a trail review after I get some seat time, probably after the Houghton TY ride before Xmas.

Enjoy the pics

SDR, Thanks and keep up the good work.

pic

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 508
pic

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,201
Nice job, however it would've looked much better installed on my sled. ;):D

Man that tunnel looks long with nothing back there, carry lots of gas now.

How about a sound clip?

Btw, you should really think about cleaning up that garage. :rofl:

I know probably already asked but SDR is making these kits so they work on RTX's as well correct?

Also, was curious, do you have to remove the tunnel protectors?

zeke66 said:
I know probably already asked but SDR is making these kits so they work on RTX's as well correct?

Also, was curious, do you have to remove the tunnel protectors?
I installed one on my rtx. pics and stuff in the garage section. Ull have to talk to SDR about running studs tho, i belive he has a spacer to drop ur protectors below the muffler. no studs for me so no problem.

Re: exhaust

Costello210 said:
maybe I missed something, but where do you get one of these mufflers? how much?

I bought one of the preproduction setups from Stop Drop and Roll (SDR).

I think as the time it was about $550. I think they are going to be a little more than that now.

Grimm said:
How about a sound clip?

Btw, you should really think about cleaning up that garage. :rofl:

Sorry about the messy shop. I'll try and mop up next time before pics. LOL

I will get a sound clip tonight and post a link to youtube.

Back