• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

(Season 2011-12) TY Mileage – Yellowknife

Yellowknife

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, here we go with the first new episode of the year...

2012 Snowmobile Season: Episode One

Video Description: The first real snowfall of the season, riding the Lac La Martre winter road, problems with the Nytro XTX, a short review of a Sled Solutions tunnel bag, taking the kids on their mini snowmobiles, Nate's blown shock, ice measuring for early season riding, problems with the Power Wagon and the snowmobile trailer, the Nytro XTX dies again, and our first trip to Jennyjohn Lake.

For those who have never followed but wonder what this is...

My name is Allan and I've been posting my video adventures on TY for a few years now. I started out on this forum when I got my first Yamaha and i've ran and sold several sleds over the past 10 years, and now have 3 Yamaha's. The point of the video's has nothing to do with the brands, in fact, you'll find no matter what we're driving, we break them and it's all about the adventure. I live in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada. I've been here almost 11 years now. The riding here is unique. We don't have any groomed trails, in fact, we have very few trails at all because we're surrounded by so many lakes. Most of our riding is done on lakes and the small chunks of land in between them. The trails are old or existing trappers trails and old mining roads. With very few all weather roads here, winter is the best time of year to explore and see untouched wilderness, and we get 6 months of it! The conditions can be harsh, with temperatures below -40 degrees. The video's and stories follow me and my friends through our weekend adventures of snowmobiling, fishing and hunting. There's a few common characters in the group and a couple have grown into fan favourites. What we do is not staged, and we just roll the camera on as much as we can. There's several years worth of video's available for viewing on my youtube page at www.youtube.com/gofenkoa but at least we encourage you to check out the new video above to see if you're entertained by our trips. If you are, keep following. There's never a shortage of excitement, and if anyone ever has any questions, feel free to fire away. We love showing our video's to family in the south, but having fellow sled heads follow along is a major bonus if we can provide a few laughs for you along the way. Enjoy the upcoming season!

Cheers,
YK

Hahaha great vid! I didn't expect to be as entertained as I was.

Beautiful country up there too. Gonna have to add it to the list of places I need to explore in this country. ;)!

You always seem to make the best of the worst!
Thanks

Thanks guys!

Second episode is ready: 2012 Snowmobile Season: Episode Two

Video Description: Ice measuring on Jennyjohn, Greg doing donuts on the bearcat, Allan rolls his phazer in a donut attempt, Charles doing donuts, fishing and catching trout, pike and ling cod, cleaning fish, hitting 13,000 km's on the Phazer odometer, breaking trail back to Yellowknife, open water near Dettah, making fish chowder with Greg, towing the dead Nytro XTX out, Greg's bearcat rolls on a hill, the Phazer dies, and the Power Wagon's tail gate sends Allan to the loonie bin.

Cheers,
YK

LOL!!! Thank's for the entertainment! ;)!

If all that happened to my snowmobiles, I would have done what you said in the movie a long time ago! LOL

Too bad it was so dark when Greg rolled his Bearcat to really see it in the movie. Glad nobody was hurt... He sure was happy when the Phazer finally quit... LOL

With such a "fantastic" start to the season, it'll be interesting to see how the rest turns out... ;)!

LOL im gunna take my vid cam with me this winter. And add you to my youtube favorite list.

Oh and I want some chowder

Episode three is here.

2012 Snowmobile Season: Episode Three

Video Description: Breaking trail, blowing a belt on the Nytro MTX and whining about it, Nate busts out the backup sled, Charles takes out his newly rebuilt Polaris engine, Greg fighting with a block of wood, more trail breaking, Allan the lumberjack, catching more fish, breaking more trail through overflow/slush to set up the wall tent, Greg tries lifting the Nytro, Greg and Allan sing a modified segment from the movie 7 brothers and 7 wives, and staying at Hearne Lake Lodge, creation, installation and use of the new Arctic Cat Bearcat Insta-On-The-Land-Garage.

Cheers,
YK

Love the vid's. Keep them coming. Currently have to live vicariously through you.

Regarding the pain the #*$&@ belt change. There was a guy on here a few days ago selling what you were looking for. Seemed to basically mimic the Doo style tool for belt spreading the secondary.

If you don't want to go that route try carrying a wrench with you that's the size of one of those bolts on the helix(I think that's what it's called). Basically use it as a lever to spread the secondary. Works pretty good for me. Not like you're changing a belt every ride. I can swap my belt in under 5 minutes without breaking a sweat now. Used to practically be a two person job.

Back