• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

(Season 2011-12) TY Mileage – Yellowknife

Watched the 2011/2012 season over the last few weeks and I have never seen a group of sledders have more fun while experiencing tougher luck (and poor decision making :o| ) Thanks all for such excellent attitudes and awesome videos.

I hope Greg can get out from under that Bear Cat.
BTW, how many KM has he managed to log in 3 1/2 seasons?

jlemieu1 said:
Poor Greg, I had to post this on the Cat forum.

LOL - can you give me the link? I'd love to read what they are saying hahaha

Phatboyc said:
Why in the world didn't you recommended him a Viking? Especially since you where sold on Yamaha's?

Well, at the time I thought the Viking didn't have enough features and was dated. Turns out most of the features the bearcat has have failed Greg. The no start in the cold is a deal breaker. But we couldn't have known the arctic cat 4 strokes wouldn't work in the cold. Take nothing for granted I guess!!

I'm not brand loyal at all, I just happen to own 3 Yamaha's right now. I weigh the product's value at about 50% and the dealership/service/warranty at 50%.

RSrage_turbo said:
Keep up the crazy trips guys!....its been 10 years since I rode with the guys in good old YK but I and my wife enjoy watching the videos of the boys still :jump: :-o ;)! livin it large in the great white north....brings back good memories of drinking a fews beers friday afternoon's @ Dillon after work.

Who are you??

KBrian said:
I hope Greg can get out from under that Bear Cat.
BTW, how many KM has he managed to log in 3 1/2 seasons?

I think he's at around 8,000 km's.

yamaha1973 said:
i would be done after one season on that sled wow... how many miles are on it?

I had the same experience with my 2004 Ski-doo Renegade 600 SDI. Total Lemon. Sold it after one season and cut my loses. Great decision looking back. Greg has never been able to take the plunge.

Well, here's the next episode!

2012 Snowmobile Season: Episode Seven

Video Description: A feature follow-up interview with Greg about his Bearcat challenges, checking out a 2012 Ski-doo MXZ Sport 600 ACE, a few things melt being too close to the fire, Trevor catching his favourite fish & having a nap, moose hunting with Alex and spotting a wolf en route, bagging a ptarmigan, Nate shows up with a big surprise, breaking more trail, and some Yellowknife style hill climbing.

Cheers,
YK

Well, here we go with the latest episode;

2012 Snowmobile Season: Episode Eight

Video Description: Continuing the ride with Nate on his new XRS, pulling catwalks, Allan gets a try on the XRS and shares his first impression, getting stuck, trying to carve in low snow conditions, Allan cursing his sled, blowing a belt on the XTX, the results of a side by side fuel mileage test between a Yamaha 3 cyl 4 stroke and a Ski-doo 800 E-TEC, riding out to Hearne Lake Lodge with Charles, moose hunting with Alex, problems with the boggan and more moose.

Cheers,
YK

looks like it might be time for a track up-grade on the xtx. you should wait and see if that brp will last first before comitting.

love the vids!

maim said:
looks like it might be time for a track up-grade on the xtx. you should wait and see if that brp will last first before comitting.

love the vids!

Agreed. I won't jump the gun on any new sled that isn't proven. I've been on the bearcat side of life with my 2004 Ski-doo SDI. On the track front, you may be onto something there ;-)

biffdotorg said:
That must have been an all-nighter pulling out two moose at sundown!

Great vids as always!

An all nighter - well:

here's the next episode and folks it's only going to get better;

2012 Snowmobile Season: Episode Nine

Video Description: The conclusion of the moose hunt with Alex, cold weather testing Ski-doo's 800 E-TEC at minus 38 degrees, riding and breaking through the ice, twice, and the fallout from being lucky the first time and not so lucky the second time.

Cheers,
YK

Watching you guys trying to pull over that nice new ski-doo in -38 reminded me why I'll never purchase a sled without e-start again.

Glad you guys are loving the video's!

ApexSE/Vector said:
Did your Nytro start right away after the roll-over?

Yep, it always does. I roll them over a lot from powder riding and getting stuck. The rollover valve helps keep things mess free in the airbox.

For those subscribed to the youtube channel I have, I accidentally put up a video of a Skandic that I was checking out for friends. I thought it was uploading from my iphone to another youtube account I have but it showed up on my main one. I've since removed it. It wasn't anything special.

That brings me to the next video!

2012 Snowmobile Season: Episode Ten

Video Description: Wind damage to the wall tent, Allan can't find a vital part to his Nytro, breaking trail to a new destination, Allan has a major part failure on his XTX, Mark's first ride on his new Polaris, the goblins that live in the tunnel of the Nytro MTX fall out of their home, exploring the Thor Lake mining project, incredible sunset on Great Slave Lake, a massive pressure ridge and the sounds of the ice shifting and carving through powder on the MTX.

I'm heading to Ontario for a couple of weeks but will try to get one more video out before Thursday. After that the next video won't be up until the week of the 19th most likely, but hang in there - we'll have plenty more vids since our season carries through April and into May sometimes.

Cheers,
YK

Back