• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big warmup of 2023 here already???

We ended up between 8" and 12" depending, apparently up at the cottage its over a foot and a half of fresh.

How about the weather on the west coast.
A beach in California getting snow all the way down to the lowest elevations.
Blizzard warnings in some areas there for the first time in 30 years!

Last edited:
Instead of EXPERIENCED weather forecasters, relying on history, weather balloons (c'mon, Joe, dont shoot me down!) jet stream, winds, and EXPERIENCE, they use the weather 'models' and when they all disagree, they use the 'blend'. Thier key word is 'guidance'. They are guided by fallible models. Daughter and I became weather spotters for the NWS years ago, me mainly to predict where the lake effect will fall on Tug Hill, as Id plan our rides. One friend decided to conquer the Hill and they spent all day stuck in 6 feet of snow after localized squalls, while we headed east in glorious 2 feet of fresh snow, towards Stillwater and rode 200 miles that saturday. They managed about 30 miles....historical weather...its happened before and wasnt called 'extreme'. Its gonna do what its gonna do.

Not once but now twice Mother Nature has given us pouring rain in February on top of our heavy snow pack. This time it’s actually 31 degrees but pouring like it’s 41 degrees. SMH!!

Well, she must be done with her hot flashes here for now because we had some snow and cold and getting some more starting tonight. Trails are open again and this week will be mild, around freezing.

Well, she must be done with her hot flashes here for now because we had some snow and cold and getting some more starting tonight. Trails are open again and this week will be mild, around freezing.

Yep, we have projected snowfall (not much but better than rain) the rest of the week.

Not once but now twice Mother Nature has given us pouring rain in February on top of our heavy snow pack. This time it’s actually 31 degrees but pouring like it’s 41 degrees. SMH!!
We were on your lake Sunday. Wish you would have groomed it. Lol

Got to put 200 on this weekend in MN and WI. Man was the MN side rough. Great to see so many sleds and people out though.

We rode 250 miles over the weekend in Minnesota not one groomed trail. My Minnesota trail pass turned up missing off my sled. The Dnr around Hay Creek asked where it was. She remembered me from 4 weeks ago and let me go!

Only one place that I know of that they are wrong the other way with snow totals.. That's the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.. The U.P. !! Last week they said 4.9" we got 9-10 and some places just 20 miles away got 16" . LOL.. Had a few nights I went to bed in the U.P. and they said like 6-9" and we got 16-20! This does happen and its the only place that i seen it.

Of course this is also the place where some wait 10 minutes to gas at the pumps in Bergland MI.. And trails get destroyed in a few hours Friday, Saturday.

1677524620787.jpeg

Problems of a different kind. We have 100 inches of settled snow on the ground and no above freezing temps in the forcast through the 13th of March. Also no sun!! Very hard to come by this year and very much needed for high speed riding in treeless places. We should be able to ride well into May.

Back