• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary belt height adjuster

Not sure what you mean at all.
The secondary floats outward after engagement, not inward, as you did a great job showing in your video. This contradicts your post above, just thought I'd let ya know.

Guess I missed "under load". Thanks for clarifying.
If you are referring to my "float" video I understand.

In that video I did not expand enough on the inward/outward- AND When it happens enough, but I do talk about it abit near end of video. I did put some info in the description notes about that though.

I think the worst thing about the float is if you are decelling(offload) and it wants to float outward, then whack the throttle, it very well could be outward too far.

Its just a theory, but for those guys who ride like this alot, they may test locking it down with no float. Then it will always be at 61mm on or offloaded. I did this with my Apex using O rings. But that was easy to lock down. To lock down this secondary you would need spacers/shims to go over float plug but up against the inside hub/shaft of the secondary, then it wont be able to move on Jshaft. Would need to do a few things to make that work.

This has been one thing on my mind for awhile about the float. When I designed the original OSP design. You will notice the "plug" on the OSP has a step in it. This allows float, but I only wanted approx 5mm of total float. Where as now with stock design or my new BOP adjuster which uses stock plug, there is unlimited float. Not sure the total amt but its alot. Now that might not even matter much as the secondary is only going to move so far, but older apex type design the amt of float was not alot, maybe a few shim thicknesses at most.

Dan

Back