• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

security

We used to just park them and not worry. Three years while staying at Famous Dave's Grand Pines resort near Hayward, we woke up and saw one sled was missing. Long story short, we got the sled back within 1 hour thanks to the police, but now I carry a small cable that I lock two sleds together with. Not sophisticated, but enough of a deterrant that makes the thieves move on to an easier target.

Shut my sled off take out the key and go inside and eat lol now i know this is not funny,but here in maine we luckly dont have to much theft,but my friend did loose his whole rig sleds,truck and trailer up in canada qeb. i guess there is alot of sleds stolen in canada,that sucks for people from u.s.a. cause most of us cant even speek french,not that it dosent suck for the canadians to but they may be able to recover there losses more quickly,plus they dont have to fight customs for every inch of the way,not to mention your insurance agent,and company. My friend never did recover his sleds or trailer,the truck way found all beat up,though he wishes they never found that either lol we all know why,lock up if u think u need to,i hope we never need to south of the border,good luck,and a teather that mighty talked about is a very good idea. :twisted:

Hey fstblkwarrior - I had to put a tether on my sled for racing. I couldn't find a nice cheap one for the 4-stroke, they are all too high priced. But then, I came upon 1 at a local parts place, and it has dual hookups,(for open and closed ignitions). It has 4 prongs on the back, hook 2 up accross from each other, if it is wrong, you go to the other 2. If anyone is interested, they are about $35 us, and can probably get a whole bunch. I cut into 1 wire, going to the stop switch on the handlebars. It mounts great on the other side opposite of the key switch. When you cut the wire, and interupt the voltage, the key switch even hotwired will not work. Let me know, if anyone is interested.
Terry
tlb@lsol.net

i can get the tether cords for the RX-1 for around $15-20 and it's a pretty simple 5 minute deal to put it on.

So what brand did you guys use, generic, yamaha??? Part numbers???? I believe someone had used an (uhum) Artic Cat tether and had listed the part number somewhere, was that you Nos-Pro? I think I may have it here somewhere. How do those hold up?
Don

Hey hlmrx1 - I went and got a unique one from an auto part store. Here is a pic, I think the brand name is BRG automotive. They said it was made for jet skis.

The easiest tether switch to work with is a "closed" system tether... Artic Cat does make one of these, and it can be easily wired into the kill button system.

Well guys, hate to bring up this topic again and I know everyone says buy a closed system tether splice into the kill switch, well in haste I bought one from Royal distributing and it's circuit is open when the tether is on so I can't hook it up in series with the kill switch :o| . This type would work well if I just needed to ground a wire to kill the engine, is there such a circuit on the RX1 motor that one of you guys have installed one of these on? Maybe I should just go and get the Artic Cat on and install that one in series with the kill switch, that's probably the simplest thing to do!!!! Opionions?

This past winter my wifes brand new pol 800 classic was stolen right off the trailer in munising mi.It was there at 2:00 am GONE at 9:00 am.From now on there locked in trailer at night.When we stop to eat we keep them in sight if possible.

Where in Munising did you stay Markgyver? I keep mine in the trailer at night. If someone takes it theres not a lot I can do, but it sure would ruin the trip.

Back