• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

semi closed tunnel block off ?

I just finish my under tunnelexhaust on my XTX and this weekend i will give it a try. I will post pics when i get home from work.

Here are some pictures on my setup. dont have any from under tunnel yet buts its coming after the weekend. i also made a bracket so i can have a shovel under the seat ;)! . The bracket u can see in the pictures are for the exhaust.

more picture and results will come.

I'm really happy with the close off plate I installed (see previous posts). It has eliminated a significant amount of the icing and has not caused any over heating issues. The plate gets some buildup toward the rear but the exhaust heat melts it off when I park it.

Did a quick fab-up of a block off for my sled, I will make a one pc. nicer looking one when riding this year is done. I has eliminated almost all of the usual ice build-up I was previously getting. I get some thin snow build up at the very rear of the tunnel but virtually no icing. I have a Hauck header and silencer that I think made the issue worse as I would get quite a bit of icing around the heat shield that I think the stock muffler would prevent.

Anyway here is what it looks like (I have also removed the tunnel protectors).

Back