• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shimming the skis

rtxman

How are people accomplishing this? Someone mentioned 1/4 thickness? If this will help the darting issue, I would surely like to try it. Thanks.. :o|

I used a 1/4" thick by about 1" by 2" piece of rubber for each ski. If you have help you can do this in about 2 minutes. Tip the sled up and have your helper balance it and pull the opposite ski tip up. You can then slide the rubber in and either RTV it or screw it in place. Very simple. I will know next week if it works or not...

I did it the hard way. Took the ski off and cut a piece of plastic from an old slide about 1/4 in thick and 1 1/2 wide with a hack saw. Place the plastic material on the back side bottom of the rubber bumper where the ski mounts to the sled. I used some Goop and a screw. Not sure about the goop glue but screw should hold it fine. I am also running 6" dulley carbides with my transfer turned out 2 marks on the wrench. Seem to eliminate most of the dog tracking. Some of that tracking is due to trail conditions and how many sleds are running in front of you.

Back