• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

shims

unpride

Expert
Are there different thicknesses of shims to buy for the secondary. The belt sits down to far its flush with the sheeves. Now its up a little to high so I get the squeek. I have also ground down the inner part of the primary to try to get the belt to come up further on the top end. Not much but got the gooves out from the belt

there should be 0.5 and 1mm shims available if I recall correctly... Level with secundary shouldnt be a problem though... That is within spec...

Standard V-belt height:
–0.5 ~ 1.5 mm (–0.02 ~ 0.06 in)

I had a problem with an oem belt I got was too tight. It just wasn't long enough.. You can adjust the secondary with the washers on the back side of it. What kind of top end are you getting now? Hace you re-geared?

Im sure re-gearing is the ticket but ive just lost quite a bit of top end. The belt was a little low so I put thicker washers into the secondary. Im only getting about 94 maybe 95mph when it was new 104. Since ive been messing around I finally got it to hit the rev limiter at 9350rpm. I have studded it but even before it was losing top end

Back