• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shock revalve recommendations

lady owned

I have an 07 Attak with the mono suspension. Last year I added the heavy spring, 7.0, and did not have time to get the shock revalved. I am ready to have it done now and want some feedback on who to send it to. I live in Michigan, am a little fat(230) :) and ride very aggressive. Who does the best work and is there anything else I should be having done to the shock while it is out?

Thanks for your help!

I just sent mine to Pioneer Performance in NY.

I think Hygear is another place a lot of people on this site have used. I think both offer a good product.

Pioneer is doing a revalve and replacing the seals in the shock for me, it's like 115 bucks.

I've used Pioneer as well. Bruce does great work. This year, due to proximity, I sent my shocks to Goodwin Performance located north of Chicago. I've used them in the past prior to this, also. Goodwin usually has rebuild specials depending on how many shocks you have completed at once.

Jon

Frank at shock tec is amazing did my 2006 rtx mono and the fox floats up the front are great now unlike before,great guy and he knows his stuff.

Bruce at pioneeer performance in NY is excellent. I've had 3 sleds revalved by him and will continue to do business w/ him as long as I ride an apex.

shock revalve

x2 for Frank at Shock Tec. 1 day turn around
2006RTX Apex, Mono and Fox floats. Best improvemnet to the sled so far.
great comfy ride. Lot less body roll with revalve in fox's as well

ecopter said:
I've used Pioneer as well. Bruce does great work. This year, due to proximity, I sent my shocks to Goodwin Performance located north of Chicago. I've used them in the past prior to this, also. Goodwin usually has rebuild specials depending on how many shocks you have completed at once.

Jon

X2 Great service at Goodwin

Pioneer did my mono as well. They're in the neighborhood and I have good relations with them. Whoever you send it to. Make sure you tell the your weight with full gear on, that you ride aggressively, and that you have the 7.0 spring. I could do the 3ft moguls with ease. 4fters and I had to slow down. But I also destroyed my skid again In one season. So keep that In mind unless you did the beef up kit

lady owned said:
I have an 07 Attak with the mono suspension. Last year I added the heavy spring, 7.0, and did not have time to get the shock revalved. I am ready to have it done now and want some feedback on who to send it to. I live in Michigan, am a little fat(230) :) and ride very aggressive. Who does the best work and is there anything else I should be having done to the shock while it is out?

Thanks for your help!

Have you tried moving the cir-clip on the shock to the 3rd (max) position? I have the original spring, ride hard, weight more than you and have no problems. A lot cheaper that having a rebuild.

X2 on Pioneer, they've done a great job on all of my sleds. No issues!

Yeah-I moved it last year prior to getting the new spring. I actually destroyed the H-arm(think thats what it is called) for the third time and decided it was time to beef things up. I put the heavier spring on it and was amazed at how much that changed the ride. I need to make some adjustments up front too. Seems to be a lot more ski pressure with the stiff spring so it wants to tip over when I hit a corner hard.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Back