• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shocks?

pooner

Extreme
Any one have their air shocks leak down? Mine were at 75 lbs and on leaked down to under 40 and the other was around 50. I noticed it looked like it was sitting lower to the ground. Hope this isn't an on going issue.

I set mine after bringing it home and havent checked it since. I am 16 miles from teh 300 mile service, so I will check them then. How many miles on yours before they started leaking down?

Check the schrader valve. Wet your finger and stick it on it or better yet pump the shock up where you want it and put whole shock under water and see if it leaks. Look for bubbles.

If you set them warm like above freezing then took it out where it is VERY cold they will do that. Just like throwing a raft on a cold stream....

stingray719 said:
If you set them warm like above freezing then took it out where it is VERY cold they will do that. Just like throwing a raft on a cold stream....

Yes I have heard that temp does affect them. Talked with Ian from monster performance and he said that one of the viper he got to ride changed quite a lot from morning to night and then overnight aswell

I have 700 miles on it. I kinda figured that temperature would affect them. I did check them when it was warm. Been sitting in the trailer and we had some cold weather.(-20) Just something else to keep an eye on. Thanks

The floats naturally lose air and pressure should be checked before every ride. The temps also have something to do with it, but if you are going 700 miles before checking, I can guarantee they are not where you think they are. Having floats on my previous sled made it a habit to check them. I don't think you will see a huge difference in loss of pressure in a week, but if you are going 2,3 weeks before checking them you will see a significant loss.

Back