• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The 192 kit is 2 down the center and 2 on the outside (1 on each side) of every bar. This keeps the outside studding centered on both sides as there is no alternating. Thanks
The last time I ran woddys goldiggers 60 degree studs,vrs megabites,i had more bent and twisted goldiggers compared to megabites,only reason I am considering megabites vrs goldiggers,i feel goldiggers bite better and are lighter,but don't hold up as well,what do you think?

Gold diggers and mega bites are made of the EXACT same hardened steel material. There are 4 differences between the studs. The first is the 1" diameter head of the gold digger vs the 15/16" diameter head of the megabite. Second is the cup of the gold digger head vs the flat head of the megabite. Third is the shape of the tip which is the most well known. The megabite has a sqyare tip to it and the gold digger is round. Lastly is the coating on the studs which is obvious. A bag of 96 gold diggers is ~1/4 pound heavier than a bag of 96 megabites. This is mainly due to the larger head of the gold digger. Based off the fact that they are made from the same material, if one bends, the other will bend. I hope this helps and you really cant go wrong with either.

Can you substitute StudBoy Power Points studs vrs Woodys?
Cost difference per stud ?

We can substitute in the powerpoints and it would be $1.85/stud vs woodys gold diggers at $1.71/stud.

do you have a 144 kit using 1.450 triggers, black backers? and $$

image.png
What about the 4 then 2 studs pattern ?
144 48 double backers and 48 single backers ??? All down the middle.

I was going to go with ? No good ?

MrKovac,

The only 144 down the middle pattern we supply is the one attached. These are very universal templates and if you want to utilize a different pattern, the template will allow you to do that. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 137 inch 144 Inside Pattern.pdf
    25.3 KB · Views: 637
On your pattern are there studs directly in the middle or are they off center 1.25" to account for the coolant line running down the center ?

Reactions: AXR
It is currently all across the board. I can develope a pattern with the template to avoid the center 1.25-1.5" if youd like. let me know, thanks

Hi, I'm about to help a buddy stud his sidewinder with a 129 track, he bought 135 Super Pro lite studs with single and double backers. We've been strongly advised not to put anything done the middle and to stay clear of the newly added tunnel protectors. Is there a template available for this track length and these studs that anyone knows about, can't find it on Stud Boy's website and this thread is closet we came... Can anyone help?

Thanks!

There's no specific template for the exact areas to avoid, other than the middle itself, which 2000 SRX has made and will sell. There are a few schools of thought on this whole issue. 1)Who cares 2)No big deal if you run less than 1.5 studs 3)avoid the center 4) a combination of 2 and 3 or 5)Go according to the warning from the Manufacturers.
I opted for #5 and have 144 in, avoiding middle and sides. My dealer was a huge help and created the pattern just by laying it out on the track and marking as we went along. Its a combination of doubles and singles.

Hi, I'm about to help a buddy stud his sidewinder with a 129 track, he bought 135 Super Pro lite studs with single and double backers. We've been strongly advised not to put anything done the middle and to stay clear of the newly added tunnel protectors. Is there a template available for this track length and these studs that anyone knows about, can't find it on Stud Boy's website and this thread is closet we came... Can anyone help?

Thanks!

these backers with that few of studs is the perfect mix for a disaster....break a backer and throw a stud ...into the heat exchanger and bye bye motor....I know many who have broken some on the turbo power...ditch the backers and get aluminum backers and use the template from cb to lay out your pattern..its easy

Has anyone been studding the 1.6 cobra track that?? Also anyone that has done this and flashed to the 270hp? what studs did you use and how are they holding up?

for those who want to stud ...use longer studs and avoid the center header vent...2000srx has an awesome template for creating your own pattern like I did~recommended

Back