• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder helix

Been thinking about trying some different helix's this year in my new S/W. At $125 each they are not cheap to just buy and try.
Anyone got any helix's they may not be using and looking to sell? Anyone try anything they really like?
I know every clutch set up may be different but just looking for ideas.
I have been thinking about trying the 37-35, 41-37, 41-35 to combo with the Dalton B-O spring...
41-37 would be my pick of the ones you listed..

I'm wanting to try a different helix this year for max acceleration on the trail and still good backshift.
I'm 160 lbs before suiting up.
I use the ultimax.
I'd like to stay with the 39 final angle.
Maybe 41-39?
Would 43-39 be too much?
I'll calibrate weights to get proper rpm.
Thoughts anyone.

More helix requires more secondary spring to keep a hold on the belt. Any helix combo will work if you know this.

Just because you run more helix on this sled does not make it more efficient on the track dyno. For whatever reason the sidewinder is like a honey badger and really doesn't give a #*$&@ what you throw at it, it makes good power no matter what helix is in it as long as you compensate for it. Not like a two-stroke or they have to be perfect on the helix selection to make maximum track horsepower. The sidewinder doesn't give a #*$&@ if you have a 35 or a 42 in it, but must be compensated for with spring in the secondary or it's going to slip.

In any discussion about which sled is heavier, @74Nitro is like "lets weigh both sleds with rider".
In MotoGP, the HEAVIEST rider on the entire grid is the same weight as me!
It's a hot topic right now in that series and World Superbike.
They don't use combined weight, just a minimum bike weight.
Alvero Bautista won the WSBK series, he only weighs about 120lbs.

To anyone that recently purchased a sidewinder new or with low miles, throw the Yamaha stock secondary rollers in the trash, and switch to aftermarket or oem Cat rollers as the Yamaha rollers eventually will ruin the helix.

In MotoGP, the HEAVIEST rider on the entire grid is the same weight as me!
It's a hot topic right now in that series and World Superbike.
They don't use combined weight, just a minimum bike weight.
Alvero Bautista won the WSBK series, he only weighs about 120lbs.

Big fan of MotoGP, and WSBK after it. Bautista is *tiny* compared to most riders and everyone else in the pit.

Big fan of MotoGP, and WSBK after it. Bautista is *tiny* compared to most riders and everyone else in the pit.
I subscribe to both of them. BUT, it could be argued the best race of the year was from the BSB series at Thruxton.
To anyone who likes racing watch this video at 13:30, then after that race go to 33:00

I subscribe to both of them. BUT, it could be argued the best race of the year was from the BSB series at Thruxton.
To anyone who likes racing watch this video at 13:30, then after that race go to 33:00
Fantastic race but there were a few motogp races this year that would be in competition.

To anyone that recently purchased a sidewinder new or with low miles, throw the Yamaha stock secondary rollers in the trash, and switch to aftermarket or oem Cat rollers as the Yamaha rollers eventually will ruin the helix.
Thunder Products rollers work well.

Back