• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best helix setup?

Sorry my mistake it is a 35/39 reverse helix. I tried out a 33/35 reverse with TP orange sprind at 3-3 and it turned my sled into a belt blower when I was stock and ditched it altogether. Think I may also try my Ulmer red secondary spring and see how it compares to the dalton blk/org.
I run the TP 33/35 with TP orange secondary at 3-1, Max Spool 16,BOV, CAI, TP orange in primary and heavy hitters, 1800 miles this year on the same XS825 belt. Clutches are always clean and the belt looks perfect. Just got back from 700 miles in the County in Maine, a lot of hard high speed riding and the sled runs excellent. Sidewinder XTX 141 stock gearing. 8950 RPM at WOT

Wondering if anyone has tried the new Dalton blk/tan secondary spring? I just ordered one along with a cat white spring. Can never have enough springs to try. If anyone has tried this new spring what wrap did you use and likes and dislikes

Sorry my mistake it is a 35/39 reverse helix. I tried out a 33/35 reverse with TP orange spring at 3-3 and it turned my sled into a belt blower when I was stock and ditched it altogether. Think I may also try my Ulmer red secondary spring and see how it compares to the dalton blk/org.

The 3-3 was too much wrap for the orange secondary spring

Let me save you a lot of time, money and grief. Put stock 35, dalton black orange 70-80 degrees. If your going to Fort Kent, you'll need lots of topend for those rr beds. Cant beat the 35 stock cam!!

Fleecer remember when OCD was running this same setup last year? He fixed his issues with just an offset change, but many need to take it a step further and use a stiffer secondary spring.
Yes the stock 35 is what you really want for high speed running 4 sure.
Every sled is different due to subtle differences in alignment.

Wondering if anyone has tried the new Dalton blk/tan secondary spring? I just ordered one along with a cat white spring. Can never have enough springs to try. If anyone has tried this new spring what wrap did you use and likes and dislikes
yes the dalton black/tan spring works good , im 2-3 with it , 41-35 helix or straight 35 , I did blow a 825 belt with 41/35 helix and black / tan at 2-3 . but I do blame condition and a lot of lake racing for braking the belt , im now trying the straight 35 with the black /tan at 2-3 , so far alls good , hopefully in the next 2 weeks the lakes should be ideal for the radar gun , will be testing both these set up for top speed running ,

Can someone explain the angles? Why would a 35 be good for top end and big trails. Would it be lazier backshifting? I assumed the taller number was how fast it would shift and backshift.

Can someone explain the angles? Why would a 35 be good for top end and big trails. Would it be lazier backshifting? I assumed the taller number was how fast it would shift and backshift.
Bigger numbers up shift faster and back shift slower. 35 seems to be a good all around helix.

First off a 39/35 is not a reverse helix. if it were a 35/39, then it would be a reverse angle. I'm running a 45/33 and although i'm making a little heat i don't care because it rips your arms off. I have tried so many combinations over the past year and liked many, but none have put the HP to the track like the one i'm running now. I tune with a TD GPS.
what secondary spring you have with 45/33?

I'm running the Dalton back/lime secondary spring. I'm wrapped light at 9-1. I really haven't had much time to mess with it especially since I'm in the Bahamas for the next month. And yet I find myself checking in with TY Every day! My set up rocks and it will rip your arms off. Anybody interested just pm me. I have no problem sharing as I have learned on this site from the best. You know who you are ..... Knapp,Dmc, Rob. STAIN. Jonfalon. These are my boys. We have traded war secrets and I appreciate every bit of info I get from these guys! Thanks boys, you guys rock!

Last edited:
I'm running the Dalton back/lime secondary spring. I'm wrapped light at 9-1. I really haven't had much time to mess with it especially since I'm in the Bahamas for the next month. And yet I find myself checking in with TY Every day! My set up rocks and it will rip your arms off. Anybody interested just pm me. I have no problem sharing as I have learned on this site from the best. You know who you are ..... Knapp,Dmc, Rob. STAIN. Jonfalon. These are my boys. We have traded war secrets and I appreciate every bit of info I get from these guys! Thanks boys, you guys rock!
thks i bought a arctic cat white but i don’t know how to install it cause of the tang location? when i intalle it at 9-1 the position of the helix is very close the the roller should i go the the closer one or? have more twist to reach the next roller location?

At this point I go by feel. Go by the norm to start,but in the end go by feel. You can tell how much you're wrapping it by sight and feel. Adjust from there. Medic pm me if you want details. I'm an open book

Last edited:

Back