• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder refined anymore for 24?

Country
USA
Snowmobile
13 xtx nytro stage 1 turbo
Just wondering about some of the known problems chain case bushing etc. were they fixed in 2023? I ordered a 24 and wondering what weak links I will have to work through?

Thanks Brian

Im betting u will still need to tack roller screws and do a dmc type of upper gear imho. Drive shaft bearing is debatable. Test for boost leaks. Tighten all clamps.

Top Gear & bushing: Potentially worse than older models, should be addressed from day 1.
Driveshaft: harder metal but should still be addressed from day 1.
Sight glass: Improved
ROV: improved
Chain tensioner: tack weld or red loctite.

Ditto to all of the above.

Nothing done to correct any of the new sleds that fix the underlying issues. Still need the BOP shaft saver, tack weld the tension bolts and address the bushing yearly of go to a Hurricane roller top gear or the big bushing top gear. So same fixes still needed on the new sleds.

On my 22 LTX GT…..
- no issues with ROV or oil tank leaks and sled spent many cold nights outside.
- installed BOP driveshaft saver at 80 miles.
- replaced top gear with Hurricane needle bearing gear assembly after first season. My top gear was the weak sintered gear but never caused me any issues prior to replacing at 2K miles other than the fit to the shaft was pretty sloppy when I removed it.
- screws holding wheel in spring loaded chain roller assembly where tight as could be but I used JB weld around the head of the screws on both sides to be sure.
- I had numerous loose clamps on the coolant hoses and very likely the pressure cap on the coolant reservoir was not installed properly as I lost most of my coolant early into a ride, overheated and had to be towed back to the trailer.
- recommend you raise the front end as high as possible, remove the pressure cap and burp the air out of system. Do this several times as it seems there is a lot of potential for trapped air in this cooling system that has got to be removed.

Last edited:
Suggest somehow something like below be updated, or copied, each year. Don't know how to manage .... maybe Mr Sled knows. A yearly sticky post, but how do you update the sticky unless certain VIP users have permission? Or has this been tried before.... Thanks

I added the pefi tensioner to my chanincase as the stock one was wearing into the post.

Back