• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder swaybar

Stiffer, as I typically like a soft front end, but less roll. The old 13mm bars on the rx1s and apex really worked well.
I'm sure you know this but if you have damping adjustment in your front shocks, it really helps to increase it to reduce body roll in cornering.

I will be in touch with some of you once I have them in hand.
Can also help out if you like, 2017 sw rtx se, looks like i will have groomed trail riding conditions till end of march here in the black hills of s.d. put on 275 to 350 miles a week out here.

I'm sure you know this but if you have damping adjustment in your front shocks, it really helps to increase it to reduce body roll in cornering.
Yes, thanks, I know but running soft got rid of the inside ski lift under certain conditions,some my fault as I run curve skis with big carbide. I must have done 20 runs, the same day with extreme setups, same trail same conditions, same corners. This worked best for me. Ive been over the handlebars a few times on sleds that had unpredictable lift and would get it out for them.Sometimes stiffer sometimes softer. Vectors were especially bad, worse when they went with the mono shock rear.
I put gytrs on my old apex and the fox floats on a vector. Both improved. Apex liked a soft front for fast flat handling but the vector like 100psi in the floats. Go figger...lol.
The guys I ride with like to fart around, cut in front, kick sideways and dust (in our big fields) been doing that since the 70s...so need a front end I can count on.

Last edited:
Following...Just broke one last week at 4,000 miles. Warranty is replacing this one, but options would be nice next time.

Really wouldn't want to change the way it rides or handles, just don't want it to break.

Just a summer update on sway bars. Looks like the geometry is not going to allow my adjustable concept to work. I spent the afternoon cycling the front suspension through its range with my prototypes but it is not going to happen. My design will eliminate the panel rub that occurs on almost procross sleds so that will certainly be a nice perk. The design could potentially feature a shear pin design, where as a mounting bolt shears before the bar. So rather than replacing bars just replace the bolt. This will certainly take some field testing and calibrating as there are lot of variables that contribute to this concept.

Thank you for the update.

Any updates?
Disregard, I questioned before reading the entire thread

Last edited:
Travis , I am going to need a few ! Let me know when they are available! Also , i ride early and alot , can help test !

Just an fyi, I had to put a bar in my Tcat with EPS at the end of last season, the eps motor gets in the way when snaking the bar through the body, had to open up the holes where it mounts a bit, not a big deal but not as easy as non eps models.

For those of you looking to purchase the 14.3mm cat sway bar (Part #2603-948), note that you will need to also purchase sway bar bushings (Part #2603-949, Outer bushing x 2) and Part #2603-948, Inner bushing x2). The Inner bushings are unavailable from Acat. If you are handy with a Dremel using the 1/2 inch barrel sander attachment, you can modify the stock bushings to fit the bigger bar with a little work. I have not installed the 14.3 on my 22' Tcat EPS and will let you know if the EPS poses a problem for the bigger bar.

I haven’t broke a sway bar yet but I did break the link bolt once. I put a sway bar in my MTX Viper with the quick detachable link, hat was a joke. The ball busted off the stud in the first 45 minutes. I put some 10mm heim joints together and used them as a link. Also used a bigger washer on the link side so if the ball popped out it was still captured.
IMG_7681.jpeg

They actually held up well for what it is. And that’s the 13mm sway bar on a 36” front end blasting thru the trails.

My 18 XTX 137 Winder had a 15mm on it when I got it. Have the 13mm spare but haven’t needed it yet.

I guess the only way to make it adjustable is to move the link closer or farther from the sway bars center. Closer would be stiffer and farther would softer due to more leverage.

Last edited:
Started a new thread for my sway bars.

Back