• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder trail gas range.

More power requires more drive clutch weight, so the bigger the tune, the more fuel mileage potential.
So I have the TD multi tune 265/285/305/315. I run the same clutching with each. Which tune should I select if I want to stretch the range as much as possible?

I did get 200km/tank, but now i am closer to 160km, all seemed to happen after i took it to the dealer for some stub shaft warranty work. I am about to pull off the valve cover to make sure i didnt spit any shims and that my timing lines up, after that i am not sure what to do, probably the closed loop. I have my suspicions that one tooth is jumped on the cam gear but wont know until i open it up
If cam timing is off it would run like S*&t.

15mpg during slow (35mph-45mph) easy trail cruising.
13.5mpg in the UP where trail cruising speeds are 65+/-mph
For me, on long fast trails, I'm in and out of the turbo more. ADHD gets the best of me.

These are very HONEST stock numbers I've seen with my 2 and 5 other Winders.
Although I've actually got under 8 or 9mpg at times.
OCD is worse then ADHD!!!

I usually get about the same mpg on my Apex's AND my 900R AND my SideWinders throughout the day. Give-or-Take
The BEST on a Fuel Savings Run on a Winder was 15.5. Apex was 14.5. 900R was 19.5 on ECO mode.

Those were 3 of the WORST days of my life!!!!

If cam timing is off it would run like S*&t.
It does not run like junk, but it does not seem to pull like it use to either. I've tried testing everything else I could think of, if I spend 2h or more to know that the timing is good, at least I will have a starting point. The exhaust seems to run pretty hot as well.....

Back