• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder windshield

Just put the accessory low windshield (P/N SMA-8LR96-10-SM) on my Sidewinder. Couldn't stand not having some form of wind protection with the stock LE bikini, but didn't want to go to the medium sport or full medium.

Attachments

• IMG_3317.JPG
    IMG_3317.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_3318.JPG
    IMG_3318.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 388

Just put the accessory low windshield (P/N SMA-8LR96-10-SM) on my Sidewinder. Couldn't stand not having some form of wind protection with the stock LE bikini, but didn't want to go to the medium sport or full medium.
The stock SE window actually throws the air really nicely as it has a lip, and the side wings work well for hands. Surprised me alot. Would be interesting comparison to yours for protection. Not sure if the look is for me though.

The stock SE window actually throws the air really nicely as it has a lip, and the side wings work well for hands. Surprised me alot. Would be interesting comparison to yours for protection. Not sure if the look is for me though.

It's look definitely had to grow on me - I won't argue that (thankfully it looks better than I anticipated). But thumbing through the accessories book didn't show any other low windshield (unless I went as low as the LE style ones). Looking at the parts fiche showed the in season low windshield was $150+.

It's look definitely had to grow on me - I won't argue that (thankfully it looks better than I anticipated). But thumbing through the accessories book didn't show any other low windshield (unless I went as low as the LE style ones). Looking at the parts fiche showed the in season low windshield was $150+.
Did you not check out the SE window? I know I paid under 1oo total for mine. Its not in parts catalog its a stock SE window. Looks and very nice protection, the design really works well for wind. Good for me locally for sure where I sweat(tight trails) and did well in Qc at cold temps(minus 25c or so) as I use handmuffs.

I know its alot of personal preference, but IMO the SE window speaks YAMAHA design, its much like their design that was on apex sleds too. All these other designs were made and designed by cat. All the windows that are rounded are cat designs. This is just another reason I tend to like the SE most. But it does do alot better with wind then most all the cat windows do which are taller. And cat window are painted for most part, which interferes with peripherals, being OCD isnt easy. lol

SE comes stock with this window, Comes in orange(lower section-'17) or black(lower section) like mine, and now even a red(lower section)avail for '19.

Dan

fullsizeoutput_9f6.jpeg

IMG_1525 copy.jpg

img_1536-jpg.141616

IMG_1857c.jpg

IMG_1920c.jpg

img_1915-jpg.141614

img_1551-jpg.141618

Orange from '17 SE
2017_Sidewinder_RTX_SE_orange_3_l.png

Red version for '19 SE
img-1.jpg