• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simmons Flex Ski Installation

1bad442

I got my Simmons skis and am planning on putting them on this weekend prior to my first ride on my GT. Since the sled is brand new, is it OK to just bolt them on? Do I need to worry about their alignment since the sled is brand new and has never been used? How easy is it to install them as I have never done this before? It looks like one bolt through each ski. Also, where is a safe place to jack up the sled from the front?
Thanks for the help. Can't wait to ride after reading all of your reports. Sort of expecting to shred those wheels though. Maybe I got part of the good batch. PowerMadd Handguards going on prior to first ride too.

Steve

Yep U need to make your ski's parrallel to each other. Measure from the front accross, then measure accross the back.......should B the same. Right now you should have the front 1/8 more wider than the back, change it 2 B the same.

;)!

Attachments

• DSC01593.JPG
    DSC01593.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 136
1bad442,
I've had Simmons Skis for several years now and am very happy with them. However, they did wear prematurely on the front part of the carbide. Bergstrom Skegs out of Illinois offers a shim kit to help solve this. It's very simple to install. You can call Scott @ (815) 654-2950. He'll explain all to you and save you a chunk of change over time.
Also, installation is simple if you have the Yamaha mounting kit (which I assume you do). Simply jack up the front and replace. If your sled is an '06 model you'll need a shorter bolt by about an inch as the stock one is too long for the Simmons. Good luck.

Apexaholic said:
Measured mine they were out 1/4" front to back.
This could have alot to do with my darting issues?
I hope the hell so.
Ill try what you posted Bounty Hunter. Thanks.
Scott

My stock ski's DARTED............the Simmons did just a tad........I shimed them about an 1/8 of an inch after I did the alignment.

.....Almost Perfect, I did a weight transfer adjustment on the transfer rods & changed the preload on the front ski's.Then it was near perfect ;)!

;)!

Attachments

• DSC00019.jpg
    DSC00019.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC00016.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC00009.jpg
    DSC00009.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 125
Just to be sure I understand, the Simmon's require your skis to be perfectly aligned?? No toe in or out? I left my stock alignment (about 1/4" off) alone and thought the sled was awesome!

snomonut said:
Just to be sure I understand, the Simmon's require your skis to be perfectly aligned?? No toe in or out? I left my stock alignment (about 1/4" off) alone and thought the sled was awesome!

You will NEVER HAVE TOE IN........Most factory set ups R 1/8 TO 1/4 toe out.

Yes Simmons require a Parrallel set up, NO TOE OUT.

Not trying to hijack this thread but is anyone familiar with C&A skis? I just got some outlaws but they came with cat mounts, can I just use the stock rubber mounts on my GT or do I need C&A mounts. Also should I shim them now or wait, do they require any special alignment. One last thing, I see they have two different holes for mounting the handles back to the ski, one obviously pulls up the tip up further than the other, do I want the tips lower or higher? Sorry for all the dumb questions, just new to C&A skis. Thanks guys!!

skis

We have the stock skis on my attak and simmons on my husbands. My husband is stuck riding my attak until my simmons arrive. There is tremendous difference between the two sleds, the attak with the stock skis darts everywhere, and the attak with the simmons has no darting whatsoever! My husband is hoping that the simmons get here soon so he can have his sled back. Oh and his attak has aftermarket clutching, and I love that too! So he better order that for my sled if he wants his sled back!

Back