• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ski-doo tech! 2-stroke better than 4.

I think SkiDoo has some great facts here.

1. More fun "Cleaner 2 strokes are significanty lighter than 4 strokes. Lighter sleds corner sharper and accelerate faster- and are less tiring to ride. And 2-tec sdi engines deliver more torq at lower and mid range rpms (where you do nearly of all your riding) for adrenaline-surging acceleration."

2. Less fuel "2 tec engines are as good- or better than comparable 4 strokes when it comes to fuel economy."

3.Cleaner All 2 stroke sdi engines meet US EPA 2006-2009 emission standards.

4.Easier on your wallet. " Not only do 2-TEC SDI engines generally cost less than a 4 stroke when you first buy your sled, but you must consider that 4 strokes require expensive oil and filter changes, belt, chain, valve adjustments-and time off the trail. 2 stroke sdi motors require gas and oil and your off."

5.Durable With fewer parts and half as many piston strokes to deliver power, there are alot fewer things to go wrong in an sdi engine than a 4 stroke.

Cant argue with that logic. :exc: Why would Ski-im-your-daddy-DOO lie? Just about half of all new sleds sold in the past 2 + years are SKIDOOS. Peace im out ;)!

Skidoo10 said:
I think SkiDoo has some great facts here.

1. More fun "Cleaner 2 strokes are significanty lighter than 4 strokes. Lighter sleds corner sharper and accelerate faster- and are less tiring to ride. And 2-tec sdi engines deliver more torq at lower and mid range rpms (where you do nearly of all your riding) for adrenaline-surging acceleration.
"

The midrange grunt was what impressed me most about the four stroke as compared to the two. Fun is measured in smiles and nothing will put a smile on your face quicker than a Yami Four.

2. Less fuel "2 tec engines are as good- or better than comparable 4 strokes when it comes to fuel economy."

Partly true till you add the cost of the synthetic oil. Then the favour swings to the four. Unless you can burn less than 4 liters in 2500 thousand miles.

3.Cleaner All 2 stroke sdi engines meet US EPA 2006-2009 emission standards.

As do four strokes, but I do notice that two strokes smoke like crazy till they are warmed up on the trail, then they meet the guidlines. Warming up inside a garage or enclosed trailer will choke you to death. One last point Doo oil stinks, sorry it true. Cat oil smells better and it reeks.

4.Easier on your wallet. " Not only do 2-TEC SDI engines generally cost less than a 4 stroke when you first buy your sled, but you must consider that 4 strokes require expensive oil and filter changes, belt, chain, valve adjustments-and time off the trail. 2 stroke sdi motors require gas and oil and your off."

Last time I checked the 1000 mach was about the same price as an 1000 Yami.

Now thats funny expensive oil changes. 20 bucks is expensive? Belts? Chain? Doos don't have belts or chains? Man thats just plain stupid.

Valve adjustment at 27,000 kms! Doo's will have gone through a case of pistons and a few sets of jugs by then if the crank lasts that long.

5.Durable With fewer parts and half as many piston strokes to deliver power, there are alot fewer things to go wrong in an sdi engine than a 4 stroke.

Yep fewer things to go wrong your right there. Track record shows however that fewer things to go wrong means little in the world of two stroke Doos. Its the one thing that seems to go wrong over and over again. Give me the four stroke which with more things to go wrong has less that do.

Cant argue with that logic. :exc: Why would Ski-im-your-daddy-DOO lie? Just about half of all new sleds sold in the past 2 + years are SKIDOOS. Peace im out ;)!

I guess that would mean then that half the new sleds sold in the last two years are just that many more new customers for Yami in the next two years when the figure out that Ski-im-your-daddy-bend-over-Doo just don't build motors as good as they used to. IMHO

Worst piece of troll crap I've responded to in years. Sorry I appoligize for feeding the trolls! Somebody slap me! ;):D :ORC

I think SkiDoo has some great distorsions here.

1. More fun "Cleaner 2 strokes are significanty lighter than 4 strokes. Distorted truth! Yes the 4 strokes valve train has some weight to it. But Yamaha has used generous amounts of titanium and magnesium to make up for it. WEIGHT IS NO LONGER AN ISSUE Lighter sleds corner sharper and accelerate faster- and are less tiring to ride. And 2-tec sdi engines deliver more torq at lower and mid range rpms (where you do nearly of all your riding) for adrenaline-surging acceleration.". 4 strokes have a wider power band, but yes it does rev higher

2. Less fuel "2 tec engines are as good- or better than comparable 4 strokes when it comes to fuel economy.". this one I dont know, could be true

3.Cleaner. I highly doubt it is cleaner, and the oil smell, worse than burning hair it is awful what ever the heck it is that skidoo uses in their new oil All 2 stroke sdi engines meet US EPA 2006-2009 emission standards.

4.Easier on your wallet.. complete lie " Not only do 2-TEC SDI engines generally cost less than a 4 stroke when you first buy your sled, but you must consider that 4 strokes require expensive oil and filter changes, belt, chain, valve adjustments-and time off the trail. 2 stroke sdi motors require gas and oil and your off.". $18 dollars a year, filters every 2nd oil change so a total of $25 for the year. A skidoo would use $125 worth of oil in the same period, no chains or belts, yes a valve adjustment.... after about 5 years

5.Durable. Not compaired to a 4 stroke With fewer parts and half as many piston strokes to deliver power, there are alot fewer things to go wrong in an sdi engine than a 4 stroke.. True but a complete distortion for the point they are trying to make

Cant argue with that logic. . how can 20%truth, 40% distortion and 40% outright lies be called logic??
Dont get me wrong, SkiDoo would have been my 2nd choice in a sled, a number of things about them I like. But after reading their logic I have lost some faith in them

The only time I needed a belt on my turbo sled is when I towed my dads 2 month old Ski doo rev 800 out of the mountains when he lost a piston ( antifreeze was running out of the side covers). ;)!

This thread is comical . ! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!

. SKIDOO 10 what's the deal with you? Do you have personal problems? I don't understand why you would come here and promote the smokers on the four stroke site? are you just board? don't you have some motors to rebuild or something?I usually don't get into post about brands ,because I own both,But your post are so far from reality I had to post. let look at your post

More fun "Cleaner 2 strokes are significanty lighter than 4 strokes. Lighter sleds corner sharper and accelerate faster- and are less tiring to ride. And 2-tec sdi engines deliver more torq at lower and mid range rpms (where you do nearly of all your riding) for adrenaline-surging acceleration."

YES THIS IT TRUE IF YOU LIKE TO WORK ON THEM RATHER THAN RIDE THEM

Less fuel "2 tec engines are as good- or better than comparable 4 strokes when it comes to fuel economy."

YES THIS IS TRUE IF YOU DONT COUNT THE $7.00 IN OIL FOR EVERY FILL UP.

Cleaner All 2 stroke sdi engines meet US EPA 2006-2009 emission standards.

YES THIS IS TRUE BECAUSE THE EPA HAS DIFFENRT STANDARDS FOR THE TWO STROKE<BECAUSE EVEN THEY KNOW YOU CANT BUILD ONE THAT IS CLEAN> I ALLWAYS GET MY YAMAHA OUT OF THE TRAILER FIRST BEFORE I START MY SKIDOO

Easier on your wallet. " Not only do 2-TEC SDI engines generally cost less than a 4 stroke when you first buy your sled, but you must consider that 4 strokes require expensive oil and filter changes, belt, chain, valve adjustments-and time off the trail. 2 stroke sdi motors require gas and oil and your off."

If you add the cost of rebuilt moters I am sure the Yamaha four-stroke would come out ahead

Durable With fewer parts and half as many piston strokes to deliver power, there are alot fewer things to go wrong in an sdi engine than a 4 stroke.

YES A TWO-STROKE DELIVER MORE POWER CC TO CC <BUT THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN AT THE COST OF DURABLETY > THEY JUST DONT LAST>

Like I said I try to stay out of these types of post because I own both types of sleds, But that will be changing I will not be buying another doo. Since I got my yamaha I spend my spare time looking for parts for my buddies MXZ so far this summer we put in moter, need track and skid and all bearings. I am not bashing anybrand here but just telling what I know to be true. I wanted to post it so you can see it skidoo 10. as I think your days are number on this site.

You know I think its funny if you go to thier site and fill out the Fuel Saver calculator, and I put in my info, and what mileage I used to get on my Vector, they say that wow, you are really close to the mileage of a 2tec motor, BUT they say in not so many words that thiers is better.....

:yam: :yam: :4STroke: :4STroke:

Skidoo10, I'm assuming the 10 is for your age.......
What are you talking about stating the 4-stroke requires expensive oil and filters and need expensive valve adjusments??? Get your facts straight before you spout off. Our 4 strokes require 3.2 qts of oil and after the first change at 500 miles will go over 2,000 miles. Filters are changed at 12k and the valves are checked at 24k. I can change my oil and filter for less then what I use to pay for just a gallon of 2-smoke oil for my Mach that would just about last a weekend of riding :4STroke:

I forgot to add that the Doo motor won't make it to the 24k mark where our Yamaha motors may simply need a valve adjustment at that point. Hell, I'd like to see them make it half way there, 12k without blowing up :ORC

2BLUE4U said:
I just went to Ski-Doo's website to check it out. Try using their fuel savings calculator...For their 1000 motor @ $2.00 USD per gallon at 2,000 miles per season @ 18 miles per gallon it says your sled compares pretty well with our SDI motor. NO KIDDING!!? :4STroke:

LOL Ditto with 16 MPG @ 2.29. When was the last time a genesis spit a rod out the bottom of the case? And those adjustments they are speaking of aren't scheduled until another 20,000 miles anyway. By that time it will be on it's 3rd owner, not it's 5th engine.

This thread is just too darn funny.

Skidoo10 - I would have to say, some of my closest friends have Ski-doos, and I even owned one myself. I presently own 2 Yamaha 2-strokes, and will be owning 3 Yamaha 4-strokers. The 670 MXZ I owned, couldn't have even been compared with the reliability of the new 4-strokers. I can tell you this........Yamaha is very conservative on clutching, compared to Ski-doo. Ski-doo's have the clutching just about maxed out. Why do you think they call them "belt eaters"? So the "Z" has been dynoed more HP.........BIG DEAL! People will buy what they want. You don't need to come to this site, and bragg about what you see in advertising. I have raced many new sleds this year, and won, but I don't go to other sites and bragg about it. If you have a sled, then that's great! You are in a group called snowmobilers, and that is what snowmobiling is all about. But they all have an engine, skis, and a track.
If you come to make a stink, like 2-strokes Doo, Then leave it at your site.
WHOOPssIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDONYOURDoooooooooo!

Back