• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ski lift when turning question

Vermonter

Veteran
Ok so I need some help from the experienced riders here. I'm new to trail riding and this is my second season. I have only about 1500 miles under my belt. The only real problem I have with my 07 Phazer gt is the ski likes to lift up in tight turns. I do hang off the side of the sled to help with turning but I still can't seem to keep both ski's down when riding aggressively. I have stock ski's. Is this just the nature of the beast or can I change something to make it handle better? Is it just normal trail conditions? I know the design of the Phazer makes it more tippy than other models but I'm hoping someone here may know a way to make it less tippy.

07's were tippier than the newer ones - i think if you pull you limiter strap in one hole that will help. my 07 had a lot of inside ski lift even with aftermarket skis - my 09 has very little ski lift, but i have the limiter pulled in on that as well and i run medium pressure in my shocks.

If you are lifting the inside ski then your skis are doing the job. Usually people suffer from too much push in the corners. 3 ways to reduce lift, first tighten up the front strap in the skid. 2nd, reduce the spring preload on the front (center) skid shock. 3rd, increase the spring preload on the ski shocks. If you are happy with the ride quality and don't bottom out excessively then option 2 is your best bet. If the ski lift isn't too excessive then leave it alone, the sled will corner the best with the inside ski lifting SLIGHTY.

I kinda like a little, but predictable ski lift. Like said above, your sled is working/steering if it's lifting the ski.

Its tough to do it right but if you can get corner speed right before the corner then use steady throttle through the corner it helps also.Giving it gas or letting off in the corner really upsets chassis and it wont corner flat.

Took me a bit to get used to the lift. Scared me at first. But now I know how to work the throttle with the lift and can corner like crazy. AND i'm only a month old on the Phazer, 2 months old on Sleds period!!
Keep riding brutha, it'll come to you.

PS..i used the brake to kinda get the rear end loose, chop the throttle for a second and back on it hard as the ski lifts. Can carry it under power for as long as I want. Controlably set it down and prep for the next corner.

If you really want some help with ski lift aside from adjusting like some money to make your sled handle better and not lift so much go with the Schmidtbros Sway Bar Kit it will help you i believe.

i have found with my Gytr clickers that the compression on the skis is key to my lift higher compression/ higher downforce on skis gives me less lift but as long as its manageable lift i wouldn't be scared of it you wont roll its the sway bar and your shock compressing causing the other to attempt to follow suit. as long as its not crazy lift your okay

Back