• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski options

Have a 2015 Ltx SE currently in the shop due to an incident on a turn. Am really questioning the stock skis contributing to this. Has anyone figured out a better ski for this sled? If so, I might just have something else put on while it's at the dealer anyways. What is working for everyone?

Cat skis with Snotrackers is a great way to improve handling.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm assuming aftermarket options are best ordered directly from said company? If going Cat route is getting from a dealer best?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm assuming aftermarket options are best ordered directly from said company? If going Cat route is getting from a dealer best?
Country Cat, etc. or watch for guys with new take offs. Classified ads on HCS or other forums.. You drove my winder with Cat skis and slim jims if you recall?

I realize were talking Viper here not Winder but its the same chassis. And after 18K miles combines between a 2015 CAT 7000 and a 17 Sidewinder WITH CAT skis on both..

Country Cat, etc. or watch for guys with new take offs. Classified ads on HCS or other forums.. You drove my winder with Cat skis and slim jims if you recall?
Yup, and enjoyed every minute on that beast! Just didn't know what general consensus was and if there was anything highly recommended. Also, thought I saw a post where you were considering trying something else? Or maybe it was just a different carbide? Want to try something other than stock on this Viper, but if it works out, then may also upgrade winder skis too.

Yup, and enjoyed every minute on that beast! Just didn't know what general consensus was and if there was anything highly recommended. Also, thought I saw a post where you were considering trying something else? Or maybe it was just a different carbide? Want to try something other than stock on this Viper, but if it works out, then may also upgrade winder skis too.
I will be trying the Stock skis on the 22 Winder for sure.. Thinking I will try Double down sniper 8" and or sno trackers.
If I was running Cat skis I would try the double down sniper 8"or If not studded or non aggressive rider 6" would be plenty.. OR semi aggressive trackers. OR slim jims 6" .. I feel the double carbides(slim jims, double downs) feel the most planted on the cat skis. They will push slightly more then the Semi trackers.. But not much.. If you looking for a solid set up for the wife on the viper I would seriously consider the double down snipers 6"and the cat skis. The double down are a little different then the slim jims and IMO they will stick slightly better in the corners.. All of this is dependent on suspension set up for the person riding the sled.. Certainly other good combos out on the trails.. Giving you insight into what I ran and my opinion.. Opinion are like #*$&@*()&^.. and you know the rest !!

I will be trying the Stock skis on the 22 Winder for sure.. Thinking I will try Double down sniper 8" and or sno trackers.
If I was running Cat skis I would try the double down sniper 8"or If not studded or non aggressive rider 6" would be plenty.. OR semi aggressive trackers. OR slim jims 6" .. I feel the double carbides(slim jims, double downs) feel the most planted on the cat skis. They will push slightly more then the Semi trackers.. But not much.. If you looking for a solid set up for the wife on the viper I would seriously consider the double down snipers 6"and the cat skis. The double down are a little different then the slim jims and IMO they will stick slightly better in the corners.. All of this is dependent on suspension set up for the person riding the sled.. Certainly other good combos out on the trails.. Giving you insight into what I ran and my opinion.. Opinion are like #*$&@*()&^.. and you know the rest !!
Always appreciate your opinion and expertise. Yes, the Viper is mainly the Ms's ride. So, not real aggressive and more trail cruising. Neither of us are getting younger and want a smooth ride with less difficulty. Going to stud it when I get it back from dealer. Not sure yet on 96 vs 144. Thinking 6" of carbide max.

Always appreciate your opinion and expertise. Yes, the Viper is mainly the Ms's ride. So, not real aggressive and more trail cruising. Neither of us are getting younger and want a smooth ride with less difficulty. Going to stud it when I get it back from dealer. Not sure yet on 96 vs 144. Thinking 6" of carbide max.
Anytime bud. Shoot me a call or text if need be.

I have A brand new set of Cat skis off my 2019 RR. with stock carbide and rubbers. 200.00 plus the ride if your interested?

Back