• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski options

C+A ADX with 9 in shaper bars absolutely railed in the 13 SP 600 race sled. Viper should respond in a somewhat similar manner.

I didn't like Powderhounds on my Nytro, didn't turn sharp enough and still felt heavy to steer. Flotation was ok. Not a fan of SLP Powder Pro's either, they have been hugely popular for years here. Turning is very sharp but the aggressive bottom can lead to darting and heavy steering, although this depends a lot on the chassis they are put on. They work great in a Doo REV. Had Pilot 6.9's one winter in my Viper, absolutely hated them. Felt good on groomed trail but in loose snow terrible understeering especially at speed. Never tried the Yamaha Tuners, stock narrow Yammi skis are worthless in powder. The best stock skis I've ever ridden are the Polaris Grippers, IMHO they are good all-round skis to have. Local sled magazines have praised BRP Lynx's new Blade ski's, they are pretty similar to SLP PP's with 7" width but little less aggressive. C&A MTX's would be nice to try some day, although I wouldn't want to pay €500 for a pair just to test them.

Lets wake this thread back up!

Curve offers one ski with no compromises - Here is how a quality season may play out for you as an owner:

Weekend 1 - Take home 1st place at your local watercross event while your boat is in the shop.

Weekend 2 - Take home King of The Hill at your local hill drag event.

Weekend 3 - Enjoy a mellow paced trail ride with the family - free of darting.

Weekend 4 - Win the Cains Quest.

Weekend 5 - Win the USCC East Pro and Pro Open Championship.

Weekend 6 - Win the COR Powersports XC 4 stroke Championship.

Weekend 7 - Conquer a few chutes with OFT Racing in the mountains of Alaska.

Weekend 8 - Break the NSSR 4 stroke stock and trail stock world records (3 cylinder).

Weekend 9 - Sign autographs and soak up the fame on your own reality TV show (Don't forget to wear your Curve shirt).

- Sean

cannondale27 said:
IF the AC skiis are still on when we get them I will start with my 6.9 Pilots with 6" Shaper center and Doo outside and go from there. I will not put up with buying the $200 worth of carbide most Cat guys spend for their stock skiis and then they still push.At least the old Yamaha skiis did not push with good carbides. Hoping we get tuner skiis though. Would like to try them.
Yup,works on mine well,but i wish i had got the 6.9 instead of my 5.7 with 7.5 shapers and doo's 4" outside,pull up on the straps,and you will rail.

Trying to get info on the new hell hounds from slydog but they don't reply to email. Anyone know how wide they are? I missed them at haydays

I have seen the stock AC skis in action and they are truly worthless, from my point of view, for my kind of riding, mostly off trail.
So I am keeping my SLP PP's that have been working perfectly for me and my riding style. :sled1:

cannondale27 said:
Wow thats a good deal! Buddy has your skiis on a Nytro with the leading edge and he loves them.

Thank you! This is the same proven ski package your friend has but with zinc plated hardware instead of stainless and aluminum. Snow Studs round bars with 2" carbide come free with the whole deal. Customers can either bolt them on and go or toss them in the tool box for spares.

- Sean

Back