• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski options

I have semi aggressive snowtrackers on the OEM Tuner 3's on the 2020 Viper. Excellent on hard packed trails, not so good in loose powder.

IF the AC skiis are still on when we get them I will start with my 6.9 Pilots with 6" Shaper center and Doo outside and go from there. I will not put up with buying the $200 worth of carbide most Cat guys spend for their stock skiis and then they still push.At least the old Yamaha skiis did not push with good carbides. Hoping we get tuner skiis though. Would like to try them.
no you don't...tuners are only good on hard packed trails. Joe

Thinking I will try Double down sniper 8" and or sno trackers.
I tried the 6 inch Snipers on a set of Cat skis and felt they where plenty aggressive, especially compared to the Slim jims of the same length.
Almost too much for my 129 for the way I had it set up,

I tried the 6 inch Snipers on a set of Cat skis and felt they where plenty aggressive, especially compared to the Slim jims of the same length.
Almost too much for my 129 for the way I had it set up,
Good to know! Thanks.. I'm going to try the snipers on the new 2022 Sidewinder.
I thought the 6 slim jims were okay.. Not great for super aggressive guys..
I don't ride super twisty trails in the UP.. More fast wide sweepers.. Ran many miles with 6" slim jims on cat skis. turn really easy and awesome tightly packed stuff..

Back