• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skinz Float plates questions.

Motoman765

Expert
Website
www.teamfsr.com
I went to put my Skinz Float plate on tonight for my trip to the U.P. next week and I noticed that there is about an inch of space between the sled and the float plate. I had the Yamaha GYTR skid plate on before and that fit real good, nice and snug to the frame. So the question is, for those that have the Skinz Float plate do you also have this gap between the frame antd the float plate? Do you have problems with snow packing in there and causing problems, like turning to ice and freezing things up? Seems like this thing should fit a lot better than it does.

Second question is I was also putting on Muffinworks A arm protectors, but they hit the float plate and I would have to cut one or the other to fit them on and not have them hit each other. Has anyone else tried these together on their sled and run into the same issues?

Yes is alot of ice that forms in that gap but never caused any issues for me.Plate sure seemed to help float the front end.I didnt try the a-arm guards though.

i have the yamaha plate and snow & ice build up like crazy. i have drilled holes in the plate as well. helps some just after shut down. drips out until it freezes in an hour.
i have a skinz plate now since i hit a darn frozen dirt clump at night & wrecked the yamaha one.
just haven't gotten around to install it yet.

Well if Cannondale says it's OK, I guess I'll leave it on. We'll see how it does this coming week when I go up to the U.P. for a week of riding.

(Goes to pray for snow)

nothing ever froze & became a problem for me either, i just noticed that it gets packed in there good.
the skinz looks to be a little better for floatation.

That's the way it's designed, it doesn't cinch down tight it's that way on purpose, if you cinched it down it would deform the plastic.

It works great no problems with how it is mounted.

Well I hope you're right. I'm going to give it a try this coming week. I also found that I was missing some mounting hardware for the A arm protectors, so I'm going to leave them off and see how the Float plate works on it's own. I'll leave worrying about fitting the two together on the sled for another trip.

the 4 bolts holding mine on are all messed up. must be from hitting rocks or whatever but there all like bent backwards

My buddy bought both the Skinz and the Ultra plate dont ask me why but he ended up putting the skinz on cause it looked better so i ended up with a FREE Yamaha Ultra plate no complaints but he warned me of how hard it was for him to install his Skinz plate and that he had to drill his own holes for a better fit

Back