• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skinz new front end

The 08 and 09 spindle will work in a pinch but have to be reversedleft to right side and so. They were designed behind the 2010 spindle and I recommend you run them with that spindle but if you have to run 08 you can.

My riding buddy has a RH OEM spindle laying around Im gonna install for now. I'll have to get a new pair next summer.

Will there be a noticeable difference running 2010 or newer spindles compared to the 08?

I will say its not right but it will work. I highly recommend the 2010 spindles, not prior. If it were mine I would only run the 2010 and newer which I do have.

I will have to respectfully disagree on this one. The Tie rod length I don't like because on the 08's they are way out in there adjustment range. I have not striped one yet in my destructive testing yet but I will be swapping my spindles from left to right in the future to correct this problem. Unfortunately I do not have a set of 2010's to do a actual comparison with. But the reason I am set on my Old ones is the amount of trail. As caster is increased the trail does as well. So with more caster you automatically gain trail. Both trail and caster will aid in stability but also make for a less responsive front end. The key is to find the balance point. I have no instability's so I have no reason for increased trail of the updated spindles.

Now as always, this is just a theory of a uneducated heating guy and obviously because of all the testing that has been done with 2010's they handle great. But IMHO they 2008's will work great as well. I rode with a guy last weekend with 2008's flipped sides and he could not be happier as well. For this reason I am set on buying 2008's to re stock my inventory of ones I have wrecked this year. :o|

Just another viewpoint, take it for what it's worth.

Mounted and test ridden. Very quick steering response and very quick from side to side (skis full narrow...), still good stability and very calm behaviour during long turns.

Attachments

• Alatalo_120123_3.JPG
    Alatalo_120123_3.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Alatalo_120123_2.JPG
    Alatalo_120123_2.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Alatalo_120123_1.JPG
    Alatalo_120123_1.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 98
can you post some pics? maybe try fastenal / grainger? Though they are probably going to have to order it as well.

I may be in the market to buy a stock lower right A-arm and figured since you guys are all going to this set up you might have one sitting around. It needs to be for a 09 Nytro mtx. Please PM me!

Beeze,

Don't have a part number, but give Skinz a call, I think they would be happy to help with an upper hiem replacement after all the issues with the lower ones.

You guys got any snow yet? We are finally getting some good dumps, but its 50% of normal.

OTM

Back