• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

skis

zook

TY 4 Stroke Guru
who out there is using the Ski-Doo shis on there RX1 and how do you like them ??

Skidoo skis should be avoided.

#1: They're illegal copies. You should support the company that invented the concept. Simmons.

#2: They're a BAD copy... too narrow, too rigid, snow and ice builds up on their top.

#3: They are SKIDOO!!! What more could you possibly do to insult yourself??

#4: Their durability is low due to a very shallow tunnel.

#5: Ice and crap gets stuck in the tunnel and makes it so you can't steer (doesn't happen with simmons).

#5......Is a HUGE problem if it every happens to you. It only happens in just the right snow conditions but when it does it makes the sled almost undrivable. And like he said, this has never happened to me with simmons on, only the doo skis. ===SRXSRULE===

Life or Free

Free does not always mean better :Rockon: . I rather pay for a excellent product and get the best! Then to get something cheap and wind up getting hurt! Just my 2 :4STroke: cents

I have both sets, Precision and Simmons for my RX1. Everything said above about the Precision skis is correct. I found the worst attribute was that they are too narrow for the heavy RX1 snout. Of course so are the stock ones. They really plow in powder and give you no control on the soft, mushy stuff either. I think they ARE better then stock overall and they do take care of the darting on hard pack trails, but the Simmons are way better overall. Of course they cost $350.00 too. If you are looking to get rid of some darting and the Doo skis are free, go for it, but you'll introduce a whole other set of problems as listed above. I would get them cheap if you can and put them on Ebay. They go for $200.00 to $250.00 on there. Take the $$ and add another $100.00 to it and get the Simmons.

I've been running doo skis all season without a problem, they work great!. If you dont want them, I'll take them off your hands

way better than stock by far!!

I have run the precision skis all winter and I love them. I have never had any problem with them. If I had a chance to get a set I would go for it. You can get runners any where for them where Simmions you can't

Well it looks like some people like them and some don"t. They are free from a friend. I would like to put new runners on them. I wanted to try them before i shelled out the 400 bucks for the simmons.

I've run my precisions for 2 and 1/2 seasons now. Love them. Yes they are rigid. Yes they are a copy to Simmons basic design.

Like I said, love them. Never had any parts on them break. Never had to replace them due to being too rigid.

They float better than stocks in powder and track better on the trail.

Nuff said.

I've been thinking about getting some simmons for my warrior because I find my sled really gets hard to turn on a long ride. Do the simmons make it easier to turn the sled?

WarriorWithin

Back