• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled Security

Yamadog said:
i'm too dumb for that the last time I did that I had the whole thing torn apart in a blizzard cussing the whole time. :o| :o|

Yah, ... Habits can be habit forming. Don't hardly ever use it and first thing you know is you don't even think of the killswitch. Bummer!

I rarely park in a spot where I would have to worry about someone stealing my sled. On the rare ocasions that I do, I use a cable lock to secure my sled to a tree or post or another sled in my group.

If someone wants your sled bad enough they can cut locks, load sleds without starting them, etc. However using a cable lock or an extra kill switch may just deter the oportunistic criminal.

I don't know of a place where I don't worry about gettinbg ripped off anymore. In the beautifull city of coon rapids in my own driveway they robbed my boat 2 times this year getting all of my tackle and just broke into the back of my truck and stole $2 k worth of tools.

I'm the one that should be complaining. I only got 200-bucks for those tools. Now I feel ripped off too.

Doesn't someone sell an alarm system for sleds?

That's why I have insurance...If they want it take it...It's only another reason that will force me into buying a new one...

Try rewiring the kill switch in reverse...Up=kill, down=run. The first thing most riders do is make sure the switch is up before starting.

:die

71rdrnr said:
Try rewiring the kill switch in reverse...Up=kill, down=run. The first thing most riders do is make sure the switch is up before starting.

:die

Bad idea. First of all it is probably not electrically possible because there probably is not a set of both n.o. & n.c. contacts on the existing switch to use. Even if it was possible to do it would certainly not be safe.

If you guys are really that worried about someone stealing your sled then just put an alarm system with a motion sensor on the sled.

I have seen these devices made for motorcycles which I am sure would work on a sled.

A switch is cheaper then a alarm system. or there has to be a sensor (crank possibly) you can simply unplug so that the ecu doesn't get the signal it needs, therefore if it doesn't know how fast the motor is turning, its not going to start! or take your battery out :p gaurantee they wont have a battery with them for it, and also garuntee they are not gonna be pulling our 4 strokes over!

I take the skis off mine everytime we stop...Time consuming but does stop the thieves. :drink: Actually, if somebody wants your sled bad enough, it will be gone. I park the mighty phazer next to tricked out sleds-makes it seem "less inviting"

holy crap ypu guts are way to anal - i just sleep on my sleds in the riding position while idleing and noone has solen on since :jump:

Back