• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sled weights

He never does specify if it has power steering although it does appear to have the QS3-R's, which should make it the LE(with power steering), and not the SE like he thinks it is.

Its a 23 LTX-LE with EPS and QS3-R shocks like they all have with this model. It's not an SE which has no EPS. Hard to imagine these guys don't even know what the world they are riding or the differences between the models, yet they think there experts to offer reviews on the machines the OEM's give them to ride, test and evaluate...... Good lord what's wrong with this picture. Unbelievable, but they are Polaris lovers anyway, so this really explains a lot.

Even SnowGoer can get it right. Pulled this from their site.

The only 137-inch Sidewinder to not receive EPS is the L-TX SE. It’s an entry point to the Sidewinder family with base-level shocks and fewer bells and whistles. It has a new red and black color combination.

The LTX-LE does not have IQS. It has the QS3-R's on it for all 4 shocks.

The're not measuring front to rear bias, just a simple total sled wet weight.
I completely understand the sled weight but these other clowns were talking about bias in the boardroom discussion.

Hopefully next time they do this they will have a few Arctic Cats in the mix. Would love to see the new chassis full with gas hanging from the scale.

I wish yamaha would have spent more time on the easy weight of the Apex, it gave the sled a bad reputation, but things like a 30lb seat, 25lb exhaust, 18lb battery, 75lb suspension, etc ruined all the amazing engineering of the CF cast bulkhead and steering gate which is feather light, then all the magnesium castings were also brilliant in the "parts that mattered" then throw 100lbs of crap on it with seemingly no thought process lol
The Apexs were/are heavy. I weighed my Attak when I first got it and it was 590 lbs dry
After an extensive weight reduction program I got the dry weight down to 540lbs. Weight reduction was pretty easy on the Attak with heavy component replacements but not so easy on the SWs.

The Apexs were/are heavy. I weighed my Attak when I first got it and it was 590 lbs dry
After an extensive weight reduction program I got the dry weight down to 540lbs. Weight reduction was pretty easy on the Attak with heavy component replacements but not so easy on the SWs.
Battery out for a lithium and cast exhaust manifold out for a header. Aside from those two things it gets hard to cut weight on these.

Last edited:
My friends and I were talking about that episode. I think the XC 137 with the four stroke is one of the most surprising. Very heavy for what it is and only 90hp or so. XC you would think would be a fairly light low option sled. I wonder what the actual weight of their 4 stroke is.

I was looking seriously at a 2017 Sidewinder new years ago. The dealer told me its dry weight was 650 pounds. Kinda interesting too. Doesn't appear to be accurate.

Its a 23 LTX-LE with EPS and QS3-R shocks like they all have with this model. It's not an SE which has no EPS. Hard to imagine these guys don't even know what the world they are riding or the differences between the models, yet they think there experts to offer reviews on the machines the OEM's give them to ride, test and evaluate...... Good lord what's wrong with this picture. Unbelievable, but they are Polaris lovers anyway, so this really explains a lot.

Even SnowGoer can get it right. Pulled this from their site.

The only 137-inch Sidewinder to not receive EPS is the L-TX SE. It’s an entry point to the Sidewinder family with base-level shocks and fewer bells and whistles. It has a new red and black color combination.
I've found that most do not think there is much difference between the QS3r and the QS3 shocks!

But those who bought the models with the r's certainly do, once swapping sleds with a friend who doesn't!

Seen it many times online when someones selling, and doesn't realize the difference between the two.

I've found that most do not think there is much difference between the QS3r and the QS3 shocks!

But those who bought the models with the r's certainly do, once swapping sleds with a friend who doesn't!

Seen it many times online when someones selling, and doesn't realize the difference between the two.

Cat and Yamaha touted the QS3-R with Kashima coating as the best riding shock out there. I know you can adjust the rebound on the fronts and rears, the center shock also has compression but no rebound on it. The QS3 package center shock has no adjustments. As for ride between these two packages I believe is minimal, but the QS3-R is a more robust shock and has larger shafts. I'm sure Cannondale can tell us in more intricate detail the how's and why's, but one thing I know for certain is the SE's that I've rode all ride like dump trucks in comparison.

I wouldn't own a SE myself after riding a few of them, maybe they can be made to ride better, but I'm not a shock guy who knows how to do that or to make it ride & handle better. I just don't like how any of the SE's ride or handle at all myself. If I had to ride a SE I would switch back to a Doo guaranteed, even if the Doo wasn't at all fast. My body cant take the punishment of a poor ride or a heavy handling machine anymore. The Winders with QS3 and QS3-R's just seem fantastic right out the box for ride and handling. Just a small tweak here or there for rider weight or personalization and the ProCross is one of the best rides out there. I've tried to make my buddies SE better but its impossible without getting into the internals in the shock which I don't do myself if the shock doesn't have knobs on it for turning and adjusting dampening.

No doubt. My '12 XTX has a posted wet weight of 699#s. I don't know what I would do if I got it stuck by myself...

No doubt. My '12 XTX has a posted wet weight of 699#s. I don't know what I would do if I got it stuck by myself...
I got my Nytro stuck and it took two of us 1.5 hours to get it out. That was with the original Ripsaw 1 1.25. It was great at making trenches to China.

The Winders with QS3 and QS3-R's just seem fantastic right out the box for ride and handling.
I found my winder with QS3'r shocks to be good right out of the box but not awesome. So I have made major changes to them and now they are awesome. With the fronts I had them revalved as setting #1 was way too soft and number #3 was way to hard, I now have 3 positions that work like they should. Cannondale just serviced them and said it was a significant difference in valving from stock, all 3 positions were revalved. Then added dual rate springs getting rid of the soft factory springs. With the center shock I removed the QS3'r and went with an Elka center shock. Stock only came with a 1/2"shaft and no rebound adjustment. The Elka comes with a 5/8" shaft and rebound adjuster and now I could go back to a dual rate spring set up and not worry about wearing the coating off the shock. The rear spring valving is pretty good but the rebound jetting is too slow so made a jet change to speed rebound up. QS3'r shocks are very good shocks but they can be so much better for an even better ride and unbelievable handling from stock.

I really wish.the iqs models had rebound. There is a few times running the whoops I wished I could have dialed back that rebound. Even if I had to get off the sled for it.

Back