• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sleds (was) new look, and need some help.

Yamloyal

Extreme
Well just got done giving the sled a different look. '09 black hood.

Now for the bad. Went THROUGH a fence tonight, and into the woods. Please don't ask. :o| The damage is the windsheild, missing one of the new emblems, front bumper, and right side a-arms. Might as well say the sub-frame too.

I was in the process of getting my sub-frame replaced under warrenty, since the one ski was back further than the other before all this. I have a good dealer and they will help me out.

So this seems like the perfect time to do a '09 update. What all is different?
Sub-frame, a-arms, spindles, and?

I'm going to fix this right even if it all out of pocket.

Thanks,
Trevor

just ordered everything to fix the damage, and update it to a '09 frontend.
-4 a-arms
-subframe
-ski mounts
-upper ball joints (mine were cut down)
-gytr front grab bumper
-new windsheild
-missing emblem
-black handguards

$2300.00 !!!!! #$%&*

I will be painting the a-arms black before they go on. Then I'll try to dye the seat.

Looks like I'll be putting my left a-arms, hood, hand deflectors, ski mounts on ebay to get some $ back.

your new control arms come with ball joints and bushings already installed
you didn't need to order them seperately

slowguy said:
your new control arms come with ball joints and bushings already installed
you didn't need to order them seperately

Thanks, I didn't know. Well they are already ordered so I'll have spares. But that helps since I didn't order bushings.

Just found out this will all be out of pocket. Looks like I'll have this sled for a long time.

Attachments

• XTX 432.jpg
    XTX 432.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 57
If you're looking to get rid of your cut down upper ball joints - I'd be willing to take them off your hands.

Yamloyal said:
just ordered everything to fix the damage, and update it to a '09 frontend.
-4 a-arms
-subframe
-ski mounts
-upper ball joints (mine were cut down)
-gytr front grab bumper
-new windsheild
-missing emblem
-black handguards

$2300.00 !!!!! #$%&*

I will be painting the a-arms black before they go on. Then I'll try to dye the seat.
Looks like I'll be putting my left a-arms, hood, hand deflectors, ski mounts on ebay to get some $ back.

no need to dye the seat. you can buy seat wraps. they are kinda pricey but won't fade.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... etail.aspx

yea I had looked at them, I'm thinking I spent enough money this season already though. I'm going to wait for the new ski's and seat cover till next year, or when I hit the loto (any time now).

nytrose said:
I think you should still get your sub-frame replaced under warranty as the damage was done prior to your little rubarb incident.??
I'm not going to even bother trying. Since I'm not going through insurance to fix it, I'm just going to keep all my paperwork for the '09 update. If Yamaha ever does it under recall I'll just look to get my $ back for the subframe. If not, I still have a sled I love.

Yamloyal I was on Rails to Trails yesterday and you are missing out on some good early riding. Get that thing up and going to many ski-doos out there . We need to get some team blue in the mix. Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Dave

LOL it happened at rails-trails sunday about 8 at night. I was there since 11 am. The sled should be back on the trail by the first of the year. Hope to see you out there.

Back