• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slydogs on 2011 XTX - Impressed

ScottyR

Extreme
Not that it hasnt been beat to death already, but I just put a set of Slydog Trails on my 2011 XTX and wow, do they evey make a difference!!

Best money ever spent on a Nytro IMO. :Rockon:

u know i would of liked to have rode mine with stock skis to see and feel the difference, I however bought slydog's with shaper bars on them from day one of riding my sled so I never got to compare.... guesws ill take everyones word for it...

I agree just turned about 250 miles with the sly-dogs and love em, no darting, just a little push, but I still have the crappy 4 in carbides that came with them. Once I get some good carbides It should be perfect.

bottlerocket said:
Stock skis hold the sled up in the showroom. Please dont attempt to ride with them as its not recommended!

lol, agreed. They're kinda like those funky fake tires on the prototype cars at the car show...real, but don't use them.

sleddingfarmer said:
bottlerocket said:
Stock skis hold the sled up in the showroom. Please dont attempt to ride with them as its not recommended!

lol, agreed. They're kinda like those funky fake tires on the prototype cars at the car show...real, but don't use them.
Sad but true....but why?? And so many people out there riding don't know the difference

stopdropanroll said:
Went from PowderHounds to 8" BigDog/PowderHounds and WOW what a improvment. Had been running standard shapers in both 7.5 and 9 and have now switch to 9" Deuces and this combo is very very good so far.

Never heard of those. So what improvement did you see? Do you have any side by side comparison pics with the regular PH's?
Great looking sled btw!
thanks,

BombaPolaYama said:
stopdropanroll said:
Went from PowderHounds to 8" BigDog/PowderHounds and WOW what a improvment. Had been running standard shapers in both 7.5 and 9 and have now switch to 9" Deuces and this combo is very very good so far.

Never heard of those. So what improvement did you see? Do you have any side by side comparison pics with the regular PH's?
Great looking sled btw!
thanks,

look here.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... owderhound

[/quote]
Sad but true....but why?? And so many people out there riding don't know the difference[/quote]

I am one of those people, coming off a 03 ZR 900 though, I am used to throwing that around in the corners.

Might grab a pair of the split skis to see how they work.

Make sure u grab Ur wallet to they look sweet but very pricey. Much to rich for my blood cheaper options out there with like results.

Jmo

Sad but true....but why?? And so many people out there riding don't know the difference[/quote]

I am one of those people, coming off a 03 ZR 900 though, I am used to throwing that around in the corners.

Might grab a pair of the split skis to see how they work.[/quote]

Yeah I was as well until I came across this great site with loads of info on just about anything for sledding!

Just how pricey are the split rail skis anyway?

Back