• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow build up in tunnel?

Here is what I just finished, hope that it will work to keep some of the build up down.

I took a flat piece of Aluminum and bent the edges up so they meet the top of the tunnel and the bottom is riveted to the top of the tunnel protectors.

100_0692.jpg

100_0693_0001.jpg

100_0694_0001.jpg

The images above would constitute a public disclosure and therefore a valid patent could not be issued.

I did a similar thing with a sheet of plastic (Delrin) but had mixed results. I think all the rivets and other structures in the tunnel are ice magnets. My next step is to try a more complete cover-up like shown in the earlier photos. I've noticed my Phazer, without tunnel protectors, carries much less ice, so I may try to copy that format on the Nytro. Adding the adhesive-backed PTFE sheeting may be in the mix too.

Last ride 85 miles temps 15-20 degrees F, crossed no open water.

Attachments

• DSC02200.JPG
    DSC02200.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC02199.JPG
    DSC02199.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 127
Ironmanstl said:
Good idea
As said, curious if excess heat builds up

I don't think that it will be a problem with the way that I made mine, it is still completely open in the front. Just need some good snow again to test it all out.

Any new updates on the snow and ice build up in the tunnel. Just curious if the snow will start to build up on top of the plate even with the exhaust there. I see Schmidt Bros. is selling a tunnel closer kit for $59.

ice buildup

Ordered my block off plate from schmidt bros on monday so I may get it friday.They asked me the color of my sled so it may come in blue.They also have the dual exhaust system available for the nytro.

Re: ice buildup

garyw said:
Ordered my block off plate from schmidt bros on monday so I may get it friday.They asked me the color of my sled so it may come in blue.They also have the dual exhaust system available for the nytro.

any web link that shows this thing.....?

block off plate

This link states this is for the 08 Nytro with the tunnel being a little different on the 09 XTX will it fit the same?

Back