• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow is here!!! Apex pics in Huntsville/Muskoka!!!!

we had 3 inches this morning, but then the sleet came,, now its been raining for the last 4 hrs.. SUCKS.. BAD...

If it were snowing instead of raining we would have had a foot..

welterracer said:
we had 3 inches this morning, but then the sleet came,, now its been raining for the last 4 hrs.. SUCKS.. BAD...

If it were snowing instead of raining we would have had a foot..

That does suck..I totally hear ya..Look what were gonna have to deal with...UGH

A major winter storm centre from Colorado has moved over Nebraska this evening and will track northeastward into Minnesota by Sunday morning. Snow has already moved into most of northwestern Ontario and has also arrived at Sault Ste Marie near 6 PM this evening. This wall of snow will continue to move into the remainder of the warned districts well into northeastern Ontario tonight. The heaviest bands of snow will arrive later tonight and last through much of Sunday. This snow combined with strong easterly winds can produce brief whiteout conditions due to blowing snow.

Regions along the Ontario-Minnesota border and north shore of Lake Superior are expected to see 25 to 35 cm of snow by Sunday evening.

:tg: :tg: :tg:

We got 4-6 inches here in western Quebec and could get another 6 or more starting tomorrow .No trails open here yet ,maybe next week end!!!Put 15 miles around my field trying to get rid of the fever!! YAAA RIGHT!! :o|

we have at least 24" of snow in Singhampton on top of Blue Mountain. We have had snow for a week now and there is a good base. Road trails yesterday and it was great. Expecting more today

from what ive been seeing and finding out,the Muskoka region(Central Ontario east of Georgian Bay) has by far the most snow on the ground strictly due to lake effect for the past 3 days or so...the trails ofcourse are NOT officially open but this is an incredibly early start to this season guys!....lets hope it doesnt get mild and all go away....

the so called huge storm(non lake effect system snow) that the weather-network keeps talking about sorta fell apart and broke into two systems.......so far it only brought about 3-5INCHES total,where they called for a foot...might be alot more on backside of this system for ontario NORTHward of muskoka with milder ice pellets/rain south into toronto...ottawa calling for all snow and over 30cms much later...

well,at least this system snow is heavier then all the previous lake effect FLUFF...so it should settle things down and create a nice base to get us started this season!....

cya next weekend Tom,Dano,Dan B.
Dan

We live at the west end of Lake of Bays ,
just south of Huntsville , 24 " now , still snowing ,
storm warnings still in effect ,
the local club , the Happy Wanderers are out with the groomers packing as we speak !

Man I've never seen a start like this before...If it could just stay and not have the melt down we usually get I would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy..

I just finished shoveling my driveway...We've got a solid 12" on the ground which is more then we get in any given winter. I think I'm going to treat myself to a ride this afternoon...

Even Elmira has snow. So far this year, I have shoveled twice, and had to get the snowblower out today!!!!

It was supposed to be warm today and tomorrow, but they have changed it now.

Some of the newest pics DANO sent me from saturdays ride in muskoka,on the seguin north of Huntsville...

Dan

Attachments

• rr1.jpg
    rr1.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 98
  • rr2.jpg
    rr2.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 96
  • rr3.jpg
    rr3.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 94
  • rr4.jpg
    rr4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 91
  • rr5.jpg
    rr5.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 99
saturday i rode the rail line from haliburton down past kinmount, it was hard pack groomed, fast and great ! 1/2 way towards fenlon falls, there was a little gravel on the trail, so we turned around

Back