• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow is here!!! Apex pics in Huntsville/Muskoka!!!!

Now the lake effect streamers are pounding Barrie area bigtime...what a start to the season!...

unfortunately latest MODEL runs show mild temps starting next monday...some models showing plus 6c with heavy rain!......i have a bad feeling we will get mild at least one more time before trails even open officially....

either way its alot better start then we have had in many years.....to be exact,the last time we had this much measurable snow in december(toronto stats,city) was Dec 1990!....longtime ago!

Dan

Trails are groomed at the Hatchery east of North Bay.

ice conditions in muskoka ?

hey guys in muskoka area. i have not been there for a few weeks, what are ice conditions like ? i know we can't ride lakes yet, just wondering if lakes are closing in yet ?.

you guys ever get together up there ?
i'm ridin out of bracebridge area, basically wood lake / muskoka river,
hang out at dorset a little but usually to busy ridin. :4STroke:
lookin for some people who know how & what to ride !

Re: ice conditions in muskoka ?

sburtch said:
hey guys in muskoka area. i have not been there for a few weeks, what are ice conditions like ? i know we can't ride lakes yet, just wondering if lakes are closing in yet ?.

you guys ever get together up there ?
i'm ridin out of bracebridge area, basically wood lake / muskoka river,
hang out at dorset a little but usually to busy ridin. :4STroke:
lookin for some people who know how & what to ride !

Anytime you want to come ride with us youre quite welcome....as long as you dont mind remembering which DAN we all are...LOL(we have 3 DANS in our group!)

Shoot me a PM anytime in january/feb...i live in Niagara NY and cottage is in Port sydney area where i spent most the winter....I have a buddy in hamilton area probably near you.

Dan

MUSKOKA APEX RTX 07 said:
Hi Guys another 15 Cms tonight might get more will keep ya all posted!!!!!!!!!

Tom

I'm headed up to Kearney/Elmsdale this Friday, hope to get the first ride in, what are you hearing about ice on the smaller lakes? Seen any groomers packing in your travels?

Kaz

just got back from cottage for weekend...about 2 foot snow in bush,and trails were all groomed in port sydney by sat night....saw a ton of sleds on trails sunday at gas station on hwy 11 port sydney.....what a great early start to season...

the larger lakes in muskoka(deep) are still open mostly,but one cold night they should skim over,as the edges are frozen....

larger lakes(shallower) on way up....couchaching and simcoe all froze!....surely not thick enough yet though.

heres some pics of my cottage on mary lake near port sydney....spent about 6 hrs snowblowing fri when i arrived....no sledding for me,unfortunatly it was a firewood stacking weekend for us!..lol

Dan

Attachments

• DSC01074.JPG
    DSC01074.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC01075.JPG
    DSC01075.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC01076.JPG
    DSC01076.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC01077.JPG
    DSC01077.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC01078.JPG
    DSC01078.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC01079.JPG
    DSC01079.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC01080.JPG
    DSC01080.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 91
Well im still stuck here in Niagara Falls NY(where i live except winter!).....I wont be heading up to muskoka riding till sometime in january..man work sucks!..lol

anyway,we finally got a few inches of wet snow here,and much more coming sunday with winter storm watch and possible 2 feet on the way!....

so,i finally put the VROD to the back of the SHOP and moved the RTX out!....this was the first time i got to give her a whirl since I built the new motor last summer.....man she runs GOOD!!!.....I forgot how much SNAP this thing has!....

at least it took the edge off till i get up north to ride for winter!

some pics....

Dan

Attachments

• DSC01082.JPG
    DSC01082.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC01083.JPG
    DSC01083.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC01084.JPG
    DSC01084.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC01085.JPG
    DSC01085.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC01086.JPG
    DSC01086.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC01087.JPG
    DSC01087.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 101
Sweet sled Dan...its still my favorite color combo of the Apex's.

Too bad you wont be up in Canada till january cause of work. We are trying to get up there the week of Christmas for a few days. I was going to pm you for some advice again on where to go, where the snow is and if the lakes will be rideable by then. If you remember, late last season, you gave me some great advice and had us go to the Barrie/Orillia area(The Highwayman Inn). Thanks again for that. We will let you know if/when we get up that way.

mchimera said:
Sweet sled Dan...its still my favorite color combo of the Apex's.

Too bad you wont be up in Canada till january cause of work. We are trying to get up there the week of Christmas for a few days. I was going to pm you for some advice again on where to go, where the snow is and if the lakes will be rideable by then. If you remember, late last season, you gave me some great advice and had us go to the Barrie/Orillia area(The Highwayman Inn). Thanks again for that. We will let you know if/when we get up that way.

hey bud!..

yeah last year was a great season for orillia/barrie while we didnt get our usual amounts....but the snow up there now is pretty decent,need some cold now to lock the lakes up....looking mild the next few weeks so i cant see any of our larger lakes being ready till jan at earliest.

shoot me a PM anytime,and Ill let ya know when im there...

Dan

hey dan!!

hey Dan and dano!!

how is the lake by my place???

I am on my way up towmorow, but not for sleding yet, bringing stuff up,
I will have the sleds next weekend!

I will be leaving here at 2pm and be up untill 26th,and then back home for our BIG BOXING day sale,

drop by if your riding around, hows the sled??? glad to see you riping you prick!! LOL!!

have fun and ride safe,

Re: hey dan!!

Custom Sled Shop said:
hey Dan and dano!!

how is the lake by my place???

I am on my way up towmorow, but not for sleding yet, bringing stuff up,
I will have the sleds next weekend!

I will be leaving here at 2pm and be up untill 26th,and then back home for our BIG BOXING day sale,

drop by if your riding around, hows the sled??? glad to see you riping you prick!! LOL!!

have fun and ride safe,

Hey John!...

whats up bud?.....Im still home working right thru the holidays,so i can get done and head north for good!....i probably wont be up riding till early Jan if al goes well..

good size storm coming our way down here in Niagara...calling for 20+inches...thats 60cms in metric!.....

check out this latest radar!...coming right at us here in WNY/southern Ont.!
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Rad ... large=true

have a great holiday and see ya in January up north...

Dan

Just got an email from my neighbor up on my lake in Muskoka(mary lake,Port sydney area).....it was 14 below(F) last night and My lake finally froze across....ofcourse its not thick at all,but at least it finally froze all across,which should not open back up!....

looks like it wont be long now!...
Dan

Back