• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow is here!!! Apex pics in Huntsville/Muskoka!!!!

Hey guys...

Just saw the latest January 08 outlook...not looking too good,calling for Mildest January after a short cold spell 2nd thru 4th......

saying it could rival january 06 which was mildest average temp for january ever!

Not looking too good for setting up the lakes,unless they thicken up enough next week in the short cold snap then wont be riding them for quite sometime i bet....man Im glad I got back into motorcycles with the way this sport is and winters nowadays.

Dan

ROCKERDAN said:
Hey guys...

Just saw the latest January 08 outlook...not looking too good,calling for Mildest January after a short cold spell 2nd thru 4th......

saying it could rival january 06 which was mildest average temp for january ever!

Not looking too good for setting up the lakes,unless they thicken up enough next week in the short cold snap then wont be riding them for quite sometime i bet....man Im glad I got back into motorcycles with the way this sport is and winters nowadays.

Dan

Hey Dan! Just did over 120 miles today. Bit of lake and allot of groomed trails. Get up here already! lol

Dan

Hey dano.
What lakes are good up your way?
The trails here in haliburton/carnarvon/minden area are toast!
HUGE washouts you could bury a vw in!
A few of us are gonna go north next week, maybe see ya around.
My buds ride doos and my apex has all yellow ats skis and no side stickers, just the hood stickers.
Also a fix airbox lid.
Cheers,
Rick.

Dano...wish i could get up there,but work is busy as hell...im busting my butt to finish these last jobs up....I should be up NEXT weekend(5th) if all goes well....

I also gotta put new sliders on,new idlers and rebuild my torched ramair before i can even ride her!..lol.

not looking good for january.....I sure hope all the models are wrong,but if they are right its looking like alot of rain and above freezing temps thru january.....not good for lakes at all!

Ill have a hellova time getting out of my place without any lake running!...damnit!

Dan

mulderdad said:
Hey dano.
What lakes are good up your way?
The trails here in haliburton/carnarvon/minden area are toast!
HUGE washouts you could bury a vw in!
A few of us are gonna go north next week, maybe see ya around.
My buds ride doos and my apex has all yellow ats skis and no side stickers, just the hood stickers.
Also a fix airbox lid.
Cheers,
Rick.

Hey Rick, Most small lakes seem to be good to go, but still need to be cautious. The small lakes are mixed with layered ice and slush. I would not attempt any large lake at this time. Allot of people are running Sand Lake (near Kearney), but I would not attempt it at night or in snow storm. Trails are great, but not all trails are open yet. And of course trails get torn up as the day goes on as usual. Starting to get allot of traffic up here and I’ll try and get some pics up with todays ride.
Let me know when you come up. I’m off Fridays and Saturdays.

Dan

gsxr said:
All private land , club trails closed til Dec 15.

Rode Wed nite, Thurs nite , and again to nite !!!!!

Storm warnings still in effect ! 10-15 more tonite !!!

Just grass here in the banana belt. No trial pass this year as we are busy working to move to Brandy Lake near Bracebridge next summer –the 102 feeder trail crosses our lake – yahoooo.

I’ll probably die from fun rather than old age.

Gsxr – my buddy Sargent nickname sarge from Fonthill used to talk about a guy from Bracebridge.... all good .... UAP Willy (I think it was willy – it was UAP sombody) – is that guy still around?

Holy crap....has anyone looked at the long range 14 day forecast on TWN?......calling for plus 11c!......

also,global TV in toronto last night gave their january forecast....calling for warmest January EVER!....If TWN 14 day is correct,all the snow will be melted by mid jan if it does go to plus 11c!...god damn i hope these MODELs are all wrong!....But i have a feeling even if they are wrong,it will still be far above average temps either way you look at it!...

lets just hope FEB is COLD like last winter!..

anyone see a trend here?...JAN 06 warmest jan EVER....JAN 07,i know we didnt ride till end of the month do to being too mild!....now JAN 08 looking to be warmest of all!.....

DAMN this sport is hard when you have less and less riding time each year!

Dan

You can't bitch too hard since we've had the best December in recent memory. We always get a thaw in January (hopefully it's not the whole month) and we'll be back at it in Feb...

Hey guys....just got up here to the cottage 2 days ago,worked on the sled getting her ready and got out today...man i love this sled!....been along summer and felt great to get out with everyone again!....

trails are spectacular in this entire area....ran to sprucedale,then also down to gravenhurst..wow,nice grooming for a saturday!..

Dan

ROCKERDAN said:
Hey guys....just got up here to the cottage 2 days ago,worked on the sled getting her ready and got out today...man i love this sled!....been along summer and felt great to get out with everyone again!....

trails are spectacular in this entire area....ran to sprucedale,then also down to gravenhurst..wow,nice grooming for a saturday!..

Dan

How's the engine feel Dan?

hey guys....well,as you all must know by now,the weather has gone downhill bigtime..

we lost alot of snow,and its been holding around 48F or 9c for the past 48 hrs.....snow melting fast and heavy rain at time....

I hate to say I told you so,but this was in the weather models awhile back....Im just glad I got some miles on before the big melt..

Ill keep the thread posted on when we get back to riding.....was a good time to work on my exhaust gaskets .

Dan

Back