• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtech article about the Apex

UPsledder

Extreme
Nice report on the Apex. They were certainly impressed with the sled. Give you something to get excited about even when it is in the 90's.

UPsledder said:
Nice report on the Apex. They were certainly impressed with the sled. Give you something to get excited about even when it is in the 90's.

I like the part where they said, THe sled doesnt push threw a corner at all! They said alot of great things about the new Apex! ;)!

The part in the artical i didnt like was... This sled rides great but you should keep it on the ground, its no F7! supposidly the F7 weights 100lbs less than the apex! :eek:

Did you notice they compared the weights of sleds in that mag but only on the 05 models, NOT the 06's!

Yes i just got my issue this week. It said the Apex is possibly the best trail sled ever. It seems the only bad thing anyone has to say about it is its too heavy. Compared to the mach z and other big bores it is not far off. They are right, it is no f-7 but with the reliability issues with 2 strokes these days it makes more of a difference when you have to tow your sled when it breaks.

Did you notice they compared the weights of sleds in that mag but only on the 05 models, NOT the 06's!

The reason they didn't do the 06 models is because they aren't many out yet in production form.

The F7, cannot have electric start or reverse. Take those two options off the Apex, then how much are they? There's probably only about a 65lb difference between the two.

If you look at the article on weight they had on page 50 there was a 15 lb. difference between the RX-1 and the Mach Z with electric start. Then in the article on the Apex they indicate a 11 lb. weight reduction from the RX-1 on the Apex-er. Sounds like a 4 lb. difference if the Mach Z stayed the same.

It's all good, gives me something to look forward to ;)

Srxspec said:
Got my Snow Week magazine today and it has the official results from the shoot out on December 10th in Woodgate, NY.

Stock Weights
Yamaha RS Vector.....615 lbs

Skidoo MXZ 600 HO (included electric start).....560 lbs

Polaris 600 XC SP.....541 lbs

Arctic Cat F6.....524 lbs

Yamaha RX-1.....630 lbs

Ski Doo Mach Z (included electric start).....625 lbs

Polaris 900 Fusion.....599 lbs

Arctic Cat ZR 900.....560 lbs

All machines were weighed with 5 gallons of fuel, oil reservoirs full, equipped with trail carbides, and studded equally.

Then in the article on the Apex they indicate a 11 lb. weight reduction from the RX-1 on the Apex-er

Sounds like it's 6 pounds lighter and think about this, the Mach doesn't have a Machanical Reverse. If it had a setup like the Apex for reverse it would be close to 20 pounds heavier.

I dont know where the weight numbers came from on the fusion,but mine had an insert that stated 624# semi wet,that is all fluids except gas... :moon:

Back