• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SNOWTRACKERS...WOW! Thank you!

Would these work on ski doo pilot 6.9 skis?
Part number handy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've run aggressive trackers on my 6.9's for 5 years, it's the best combination I've ever had on any sled I've had or ridden. No ski/carbide setup works in all conditions, no snow, bare roads but in most conditions,the trackers shine. the 6.9's give you more float than stokers or 5.7's. I left the 4"outer carbide in the pilots for ski longevity. In decent conditions my Apex handles like a slot car with no darting. The (much maligned) front end weight of the apex makes the Pilots design shine. There is no need for power steering, the Pilots reduce the bar resistance so much. Sledding is all about getting out and enjoying your machine at every opportunity, Pilot and Trackers made the biggest difference in anything I have done to my sled, and I've done a lot. Happy sledding.
:letsnow:

Got to try my aggressive ST out today, they are mounted to VKPro skis for my Apex, the trails are covered in a thick coating of freezing rain and ice pellets on top of 1ft of soft snow with 6" base under that, the ST's were all over the place in this type of trail conditions darting left to right badly, had to drive very slow till trail was broke, very dangerous, once the trail was broke and widened out the Apex ran straight as a arrow no darting, has anyone else ever experienced this before?

You may have too much ski pressure. Darting=too much Tracking=too little. Adjust this via your limiter strap. Shorten for more pressure and loosen for less. Check your ski alignment as well to ensure they are set straight ahead to 0 degrees. You should be on rails in all conditions. I do get tracking sometimes when there is only one sled's tracks on a fresh groom.

I was talking to some other sledder's today and they are finding it the same on their sleds also in this type of topping on top of the snow, mine run straight and true in pretty much any other condition, I had my sled set up to run these ST's, I was just starting to question my set up but i'm thinking its the conditions i'm running in, it is very dangerous till you break the trail and widen it then you run straight no tracking, I don't think you could rail in this stuff.

I was just wondering if anyone else experience this, with their sled set up properly for the ST's, I would say you would be on your side or rubber side up if you send it in this stuff, first time out in over a year and loving it!!!, last season was a bust for here.

Hopefully the conditions change and you can get a true feel. We've had the best season in 10 years up here in Northern Michigan/Wisconsin. It's about 5-6 feet off trail. Another 4-8in coming this Saturday.

You are very lucky and I am jealous, are snow season has been awful this year, very cold then snow then unbelievable temp swing rain wash rinse the snow away then flash freeze everything to ice, just in the last week or so we have had enough snow to go snowmobiling, but it looks like rain again in the forecast for Monday, so that leaves 3 more days of good sledding, I have more miles on my 700Grizzly then on my Apex this season which is not normal for here. :(

20/80, I have the same ski and snow trackers. I have used them most of the season with great results. I have yet to see your type of conditions. VK skis work great and add flotation off trial. The trackers can slide some in powder and ice just be careful they catch hard sometimes threw Icy corners. still 99 % improvement! I ran the ski with single runners last 2 years with decent results but the trackers remain king ! Enjoy

20/80, I have the same ski and snow trackers. I have used them most of the season with great results. I have yet to see your type of conditions. VK skis work great and add flotation off trial. The trackers can slide some in powder and ice just be careful they catch hard sometimes threw Icy corners. still 99 % improvement! I ran the ski with single runners last 2 years with decent results but the trackers remain king ! Enjoy
Thanks, I seen some guy's on youtube from Sweden running the VK pro ski on their Apexes that's where I got the idea to try them, I am getting the ST's dialed in on the VK pro's now, did some testing today and are pleased with the results, I like this set up for my style of riding and for the trails we have here.

Back