• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Some help for next years fuel management on my Nypex?

MRFUSION

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Custom Built Nypex
2008 Custom Union Bay 980 MM Chassis
Hi there guys, been running my Nypex for 2 years now with great success and I will be looking to upgrade my fuel system for next season. I have been running the Boondocker box with good results but looking to go stand alone or an aux injector style system. I run about 16 psi on my Apex engine which is probably maxing out my stock regulator and injectors, I run a little lean it seems on long pulls. I run Daves Meth system and he modified my stock injectors slightly for more flow. Runs clean but looking for improvement. Any suggestions, Boost it, Impulse or anything for more mountain running? Thanx guys. Shad

Im not sure why anyone wouldnt run the boost it system at this point. It gives you full control of fuel ratios, super clean bottom end, and great guy to deal with.

Why not the complete V1 standalone from Impulse?? get rid of all the stock wiring and other junk you don't need and have a closed loop standalone.

Mbarryracing has a motec unit he is trying out, I would look hard at that if I really wanted a stand alone.

The boost it is fuel only not really engine management. With your modified injectors I would think you would need to go back to stock injectors, and no fuel box, then add boost it. For that kind of money though what you got is just as good.

Go standalone to get timing mods, closed loop, etc. TWINTURBO at GNS out of chicago has a tec3 system I think that is comparable to motec be worth a look.
http://www.powerbygns.com/Products.html

I talked to Paul at Impulse earlier this year and he said to check with him this summer after more testing. Not to familiar with the Motec system.

MRFUSION said:
I talked to Paul at Impulse earlier this year and he said to check with him this summer after more testing. Not to familiar with the Motec system.

What was Paul testing?

He was working with his V1 system and it is working great on his system but just to make sure it works on other setups. Thought I would hit him up before fall.

The MoTeC standalone ECU is a waterproof marine model for PWC's / watercraft and the harness has OEM weatherpak style sealed connectors.

How user friendly is the Motec system, not very familiar with it. Where can a guy research it? I would consider any system that might work in my application. Thanx Shad

What do you think about hooking up the BD box to auxiliary injectors and letting main injectors do all off boost fueling?
It's something i will try next season!

Back