• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sooo pissed

I apologize for sounding a little off as I was! The chain case is still made by Yamaha. It's got the same internals as the Apex (just changed around a bit for the SR Viper). This was all in the release that Yamaha sent out before the Viper was released into production early 2013.

Go to
I apologize for sounding a little off as I was! The chain case is still made by Yamaha. It's got the same internals as the Apex (just changed around a bit for the SR Viper). This was all in the release that Yamaha sent out before the Viper was released into production early 2013.
I just checked the online parts catalog and the chain case is identical to a Arctic Cat 1100 turbo. The only diffence is the manual chain adjuster.

I was told the case is ac but the jackshaft and gears are yamaha.

Hmmm...... Thats funny these are pics i took when i opened up my chain case. Yep all CAT part numbers. This is a 2015 Viper MTX
Im just sayin........

20141212_103630_zps3b30a03a.jpg

20141212_103612_zps789fbf15.jpg

20141223_161700_zps8440d4c2.jpg

20141223_161818_zpsc1a54d1c.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly. The gears,manual adjuster and everything else mentioned are the same as the Cat 7000 version cat parts

Last edited:
American Snowmobiler says "The new chain is not the exact part number as the Apex chain, but is a similar type."

Similar can mean a lot of things. Like they are both made of metal

Or that they do many things. Looking at that SR Viper MTX just shows how tricky this whole family of sleds really is

My dealer told me any improvements / updates they had made were already done and came factory on the 2015 xtx. Which really doesnt make sense why this happened. should i be concerned about it happening again. ?

Guys there is a Hyvo chain and manual adjuster. Jackshaft is also Yamaha/7000 specific. The basic design is cat. Believe me it's way better than it was. Obviously still not good enough.

Back