• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sorry, gotta vent.....

HRD2PLZ

Expert
WTF....I got on here tonight and I swear the first 3 or 4 posts I read pretty much insinuated that I need to get rid of my Yamaha and get a Doo (at least a few of the posts within the main topic). I don't mind hearing about other sleds when I ask but......I didn't. If I wanted to know how much better the Doo's are than my sleds than I would look for that forum, not here. This is TotallYamaha correct? Not ForthemostpartYamaha. If I'm out of line, sorry.

Hope to see you in Muni, forthemostpart.

I guess people just want to hear the good stuff and not the problem things. Look at my profile and you will see I'm not a complainer and I've defended Yamaha many many times. I have had my ball joints on my Nytro changed and the donuts on my Apex and all the other things that had to be done like getting rid of the Yamaha crap skis. I found out about these things from this forum and I'm glad there were others who posted the problems. I guess I missed the one about the wire harness rubbing through under the engine of the Nytro. Maybe now others will have thier sleds checked before they are out of town riding hundreds of miles from thier trucks.

The thing is that problems speak louder than praises. When you get home from a good long ride on your sled with no problems, do go online and say how great it was? I know I don't, you just assume that is how it's supposed to be.

On the other hand if you go out and something breaks, the first thing we think of is posting it online complaining and searching for a fix.

They all have there problems, enjoy it - break it - fix it - repeat.

Got a great story for ya. My good bud bought a 1200 doo shorty 4 stroker on Saturday. i helped him load it up.
We rode 150 miles.
His front end was twichy as hell ala 08 nytro.
After the ride his sliders were wore right down to the wear line between the 2 front idlers.
We lined up our sleds....remembering his is a shorty with a 1" ripsaw & mine is a 144 cobra. He also weighs 147 pounds while i weigh substantily more. He played with tra so he was running 82-8300 rpm dead nutz on.
The nytro with my big azz on it beat his 1200 everywhere. We tried holeshot; roll ons; top end lake running. He was behind no matter how we lined em up.
That motor just has an industrial feel to it & not refined at all.
it is a low tech engine & riding back to back with a nytro will really show you the difference.

I own a 08 and love it new carbides and skis improved my handling, there is nothing wrong with the front end, I have hit a few beaver dams rocks and ice chunks on the lake and river, no bent subframe here. I have been on an 800 xp that chassis was a piece of crap, fit and finish was crap, light weight but week, floor boards flexed real bad, I am sick of all the winers on here too, you don't like your sled sell it. The new front end is for people with weak upper bodies lol

I'm still pro Yammy. I had a hellacious weekend. I borrowed my friends truck to tow my 40th Nytro out to my cabin for the Ballicker. Got stuck in the neighbors driveway turning around forgetting that his 4x4 on the truck was broken. So I snowblowed my driveway and my neighbors. The neighbor showed up and pulled my trailer out of the snowbank with his quad and my trailer crushed his tailight assemby on his 08 Grizzly. Out of pocket for me. Then the riding part happened. I ride out of the cabin and I noticed my sled was considerably louder. So after crawling underneath the sled I find my Excell exhaust broke in half at the y pipe right on the weld. So I parked the sled. Then I opened the hood and found one of my K&N filters was laying on the bellypan. I checked them before I left for the lake. But after all that I still love my Yamaha. Aaron and Allen are awesome guys and make riding a Yammy fast and fun. I do have a K&N kit cheap if anyone wants it. Its like new.

Turk said:
Got a great story for ya. My good bud bought a 1200 doo shorty 4 stroker on Saturday. i helped him load it up.
We rode 150 miles.
After the ride his sliders were wore right down to the wear line between the 2 front idlers.
We lined up our sleds....remembering his is a shorty with a 1" ripsaw & mine is a 144 cobra. He also weighs 147 pounds while i weigh substantily more. He played with tra so he was running 82-8300 rpm dead nutz on.
The nytro with my big azz on it beat his 1200 everywhere. We tried holeshot; roll ons; top end lake running. He was behind no matter how we lined em up.
it is a low tech engine & riding back to back with a nytro will really show you the difference.

They don't have issues with sliders....as if its a doo...

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php ... pic=286463

Daranello said:
Turk said:
We rode 150 miles.

They don't have issues with sliders....as if its a doo...

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php ... pic=286463

I have 3100 miles on my 1200 and the sliders look new. My wife has 3000 miles on her Nytro and hers shows no wear either. I never had a problem with the sliders on my Apex or overheating issues. While others here on TY complained about the sliders gone on the Apex in a few hundred miles I put over 4 thousand miles on them and they still looked good. There are lots of posts about Nytros burning sliders and overheating but my wifes Nytro has had no issues there. You guys can spin stuff all you want but I post by my own personal experience not hearsay. I own 2 Yamahas and 2 Doos and I post what I know about the sleds I own. My Apex has been flawless and so has my 1200. The Nytro on the other hand will be going back to the dealer again. Last time it was for ball joints and A arm bushings. This time for a new wire harness and possibly exhaust donuts.

I had my sliders changed out at the 500 mile service. The dealer just did it but since then I took the advice from others on this site "I left them alone" and they go to the wear line and stay there. I am on this site after having one of those 800R DOO Renegade that spent over 3 weeks this winter in the shop. I traded for a XTX and I havent looked back. 1236 worry free miles and I love this sled. all sleds have quirks but I love the feel and smell of a 4 stroke

I had a 08 Nytro last winter and dumped it only because of the front frame. I bought an 08 800R Doo.. What a peice of #*$&@ it was.. break downs... and drank oil and gas.. rough rear skid... too expensive to operate with the way it drank oil and gas.. I got maybe 10mpg.. ran out of gas several times..I sold it.. Don't believe all he hype you read.. I miss my Nytro.

snownutz said:
The apex's have totally different approach angle.

Ya and bananas are 49 cents a lb. What does the approach angle of the Apex have to do with anything? I said guys were complaining about the Apex and Nytro eating sliders and I haven't had any issues with either. Another thing have you seen the price of tomatoes?

Back