• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

spark plug replacement procedure?

Smoke

Does anyone have a step by step procedure to access the spark plugs.
I checked with the Dealer, they went through the shop manual, but didn't find anything. I'm assuming you still have to dismantle half the sled (like the Apex) to access them. At least I can see the plug locations on this sled, but there is not alot of room to work with.

Attachments

• 100_1315.JPG
    100_1315.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 232

Smoke, use a 5/8" spark plug socket (should be about 2-1/2" in length) and then either find a extension or use multiple extensions to come up with another 2-1/2" of extension when attached to the socket and you can remove and change plugs just by removing the clutch side panel. Socket + extension should be 5" total length, I use a reducer so I could use a 1/4" drive ratchet on top for a little more room.

SparkPlug.jpg

FXNytro036.jpg

The first time they are tight, yes! I actually used a small pry bar and wiggled them out the first time.

Smoke said:
Does anyone have a step by step procedure to access the spark plugs.
I checked with the Dealer, they went through the shop manual, but didn't find anything. I'm assuming you still have to dismantle half the sled (like the Apex) to access them. At least I can see the plug locations on this sled, but there is not alot of room to work with.

Nice Dealer :o| ,I am sure they did a great PDI! :drink: get another dealer that one ha no #$%&* clue!

Just pull the LH side panel and reach in. Not with a hot engine though. Believe it or not, I used the tool from the toolkit and worked great. Plus it has the rubber holder inside so it grabs the plug and you don't drop it.

Back