• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spark plugs

The ECS is very much like the EK series with a short ground electrode except it only has the single ground strap. It too pulls heat away quicker making it less prone to glow. Shorter electrodes are less likely to glow.

Boosted four strokes run very high exhaust temps. In fact a RX-1 idles at over 1000F* at the header, its common to see 1500+F* on boosted four strokes. The exhaust will turn cherry orange on the dyno in just seconds. Two-Strokes don't even come close in the combustion temperature department.

Knapp, i just put in the CR9EKPA... they are the platinum electrode dual ground, i noticed they protrude a little more into combustion chamber soo i added a double squish washer, will this be ok??

Last edited:
Knapp, i just put in the CR9EKPA... they are the platinum electrode dual ground, i noticed they protrude a little more into combustion chamber soo i added a double squish washer, will this be ok??

Never used them, but just got a look at them at NGK. They do appear to be longer than the std CR9EK yes. I would not use a double squish washer however on them myself. Have you compared the actual length to the CR9EK?

Platinum vs Nickel. Interesting, but the longevity is the same on both plugs according to the specs at NGK.

Both show E length so on paper by NGK specs they're supposed to be same. PA meaning Platinum "special design"

the nose is @ a washer thickness longer than the cr9ek thats why i added the 2nd washer. and i also put a lithium ion battery with 690CA in sled and man does it seam to run smoother.... no light flickering, no rpm fluctuation... and battery sits with 13.4 volts plus its 10lb lighter!!! the battery voltage makes a HUGE difference.

If its like my phone and the few reviews I read the amps drop fast at -20C...

Has anyone changed to a different plug from stock. (CR8E) just asking while I have them out. Mostly running max spool 17
What does td recommend?
I stick with oem gapped to .018-.020 unless hurricane tells me otherwise!
If hurricane ,td, gap recommend different I will follow.
These guy create the tunes on oem plug so why change... jmo

Last edited:

Back