• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spindle Bushings - UP Bushman vs Ulmers?

DigitalFusion

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Viper LTX, 10 Turbo Phazer MTX, 08 Phazer, 88 SnoScoot
I just noticed that Ulmer sells a bushing kit for phazer spindles for 35 bucks, and 25 if included with an a-arm kit. I realize it is just a bushing for the spindle vs just about everything in a bushman kit, but 25 bucks vs 140 bucks is hard not to jump on.

Curious if anyone has any feedback on one or the other?

I also noticed that the UP bushman kit is ski specific. So if you decide to go with different skis you have to buy another kit?

UpBushman's bushing is a single solid stainless piece while Ulmers are two piece of an unknown material. I haven't tried Ulmers but I might, given the price of the other one but I would like to know the material first.

I thought the stock ones were split steel? I can't believe that these would be even worse than that.

Great folks over at Ulmers with great support nothing but good to say about them. You do get what you pay for though as for the UP bushman kits $130.00 for trail versions and $135.00 for MTX. The reuse of stock ski bolt and nut is all that's needed all other hardware is replaced with stainless steel. Advantage with these kits is if spindle is ovaled real bad you can JB Weld solid bushing in or use other bonding agents. Still way cheaper than one spindle at $195.00 just to happen again with stock bushing junk good luck.

Reactions: SAR
If Ulmers are 2 split bushings like stock then there is no doubt that UP bushmans kit is way better and well worth the $.Its one of those things that you do it right first time and you wont have to do it again.

I can certainly vouch for Up Bushman's stuff. I've got two sets of the spindle bushings and they've been good. And with the new basket case I just bought, I'll probably go for a third set.

Was just wondering what the Ulmer stuff was. If it's the same as Yamaha's stock stuff think I'll pass. Do it once, do it right!

I just bit the bullet on the UP kit(s). UP Bushman, you have a paypal payment waiting for you!

I dont like the stock skis on teh phazer, but dont know what I am going to go with yet, so I wasnt sure I wanted to commit to the stock-hardware-only bushings, but I guess I will just have to only buy skis that have the stock hardware. Anyone know if Curves use the stock hardware on the phazer? I really like them on my apex and was leaning that way for the phazer.

A lot of people are saying good things about Yamaha tuner skis.

Maybe you would consider the Slydog skiis.
They were my choice for direct factory ski replacement. The harder you steer the more aggressive they bite. I haven't tried many skiis, but I went on pages of reviews before buying them and as far as I was concerned they were one of the best skiis that utilize a single carbide.

I have Slydogs. Sure they steer but dart like crazy although I just have a single Bergstrom carbide. I'm looking at the Tuners for both my MP and the Phazer.

DigitalFusion said:
I just bit the bullet on the UP kit(s). UP Bushman, you have a paypal payment waiting for you!

I dont like the stock skis on teh phazer,
Anyone know if Curves use the stock hardware on the phazer? I really like them on my apex and was leaning that way for the phazer.

Got a set on my '07... had to have mount kit.
I'd sell 'em if you'd be interested? Shoot me a PM.

Black with white loops~ Slightly used with 1 gouge on side from trailer edge & some scrapes but still fully functionable. They're skis.
Carbides are ok (got a new set of packaged 6" Stud Boy Shapers I didn't put on this season as others weren't bad enough yet) I'll throw in as well.
$275 + shipping....

Looking at around $488ish for new:
http://www.curveindustries.com/shopexd2.asp?id=15

002-11.jpg

I don't have UP's kit, but I do have a set of Curves on mine and opted to use OE bolts and nuts instead of the bolts that came with the Curves. I did use the Curves supplied washers though, as they were a little thicker. No problems with bolt length using OE bolts and nuts, so UP's spindle bushings should work just fine with a set of Curves.

This is an OLD thread but I have a dilema

Is there ANYWHERE we can source ski spindle bushings of ANY kind, in Canada?

Shipping, import duties and the dollar exchange absolutely KILL us right now. My spindle bushings are getting loose, but I cant justify $130 for a pair, just because to my door its well over $200 in actuality. And for a non-trail rider its not that big of deal. Nonetheless, I want to address it before it gets real bad.

Thanks gents

Back