• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Split Rail Skis

YamBam

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder LTX-LE 2018
Anyone else using Split Rail skis on their Nytro? I have had mine for two years and really like them. I thought they would increase effort to steer but that was not the case. Initially track was unstudded with the new skis. Wrong - ski bite was much to aggressive and rear-end was way to squirrly without studs. One thing nobody has mentioned is that the ski stance has been increased by 2-3 inches because the outside wearbar is located outside the original spindal. This makes huge difference. Sleds handles like a go-cart and still floats in powder like stocks skis did. Did notice small top end speed decrease on hardpack with four wearbars on new skis instead stock two. ;)!

YamBam said:
Anyone else using Split Rail skis on their Nytro? I have had mine for two years and really like them. I thought they would increase effort to steer but that was not the case. Initially track was unstudded with the new skis. Wrong - ski bite was much to aggressive and rear-end was way to squirrly without studs. One thing nobody has mentioned is that the ski stance has been increased by 2-3 inches because the outside wearbar is located outside the original spindal. This makes huge difference. Sleds handles like a go-cart and still floats in powder like stocks skis did. Did notice small top end speed decrease on hardpack with four wearbars on new skis instead stock two. ;)!
Stock skis and float in powder dont usually go together in the same sentance. Stock floated like crap..... are u saying the split rails float like crap too???

YamBam said:

is this an ad for srs?

Well i'm glad you like them......I think they look funny and would work great on the trail but off trail not so much ....I've got slp powder pro's and they float awesome off trail been useing these skis sents 2000 put them on every sled i get ;)!

Split Rails actually work quite well in deep powder..they were tested in Revelstoke and I'm pretty sure Chris Burandt has tested them with positive results.

Do the spindles bend as easy as the stock spindles? Where are you guys ordering them and how much are they? The website doesn't seem very informative.

Spindle

The spindle seems pretty tough. I have ran mine for over 3,000km with no issues. It's a solid cast piece.

I am surprised the website does not have the pricing... In round numbers, all in with taxes it's just less than a g note.

We finally got some decent snow today and the trails are in great shape. It was awesome riding standing up all afternoon and turning through our tight forest trails with virtually no effort. They really make the nytro feel much lighter.

Ms

How did you get that price? I got a quote from them around 1200, that's 800 plus tax plus 4 carbides.

As for price, that is what I recall, you may be right, carbines alone are 150 as I bought new ones this fall.

Dimension, how do define the keel size? I will measure and post it.

Ms

YamBam,Please take a moment to fill in your profile location as it is a site requirment.Thank You

Anyone know them very well?? They dont seem to eager to advertise.... I spoke with them on at Novi and did not seem interested at all in Totallyamaha.

Back