• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX front springs on other models

You're going to love the improved handling on your SR Viper with the addition of th ZBroz 45" kit.
That kit is no longer available, correct? The 45" front I put on my RX-1 made a world of difference.

That kit is no longer available, correct? The 45" front I put on my RX-1 made a world of difference.
Correct.....the ZBroz 45" kit is no longer available.

Hey gpxsrx....

You're going to love the improved handling on your SR Viper with the addition of th ZBroz 45" kit. I had the same kit on two different 'Winders. I sent one down the rode this year and replaced it with a new SRX. I've still got the other one that's my wife's sled.

Her sled has the same QS3's as your SR Viper. I replaced the stock springs the the ski shocks last year with some '19 SRX springs because I wanted to try the lower preload as you're looking to do. I played around quite a bit with the different preload settings and found a sweet spot that was slightly higher preload than the recommended stock SRX preload.

Here's a picture of the front of the sled so you can at least see the angle of the A-arms in relation to the ground:

View attachment 157224

Hopefully this will help getting your sled set up. Don't be afraid to play around with different preload settings until you find your sweet spot.
Thanks I just got around put front coils on today. Noticed in your picture that the coils look like they are upside down I don’t know if that will make a difference or not. I looked up images of 2021 yamaha SRX and they show the tighter coils at the top of the shock.
I’m guessing it only matters how tight they fit on the preload adjuster ring and locking collar... Tight fit is crucial so spring won’t hop around. Functionally they could work either way ? Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks I just got around put front coils on today. Noticed in your picture that the coils look like they are upside down I don’t know if that will make a difference or not. I looked up images of 2021 yamaha SRX and they show the tighter coils at the top of the shock.
I’m guessing it only matters how tight they fit on the preload adjuster ring and locking collar... Tight fit is crucial so spring won’t hop around. Functionally they could work either way ? Thanks
Be careful with the tighter coils at the top of the shock if you have Qs3r the kashima coated shocks, the coils might rub the reservoir. I'm not sure with the "Qs3" without kashima if they rub. I believe you mentioned you have the Qs3 but maybe have a second look by compressing the front end.

Be careful with the tighter coils at the top of the shock if you have Qs3r the kashima coated shocks, the coils might rub the reservoir. I'm not sure with the "Qs3" without kashima if they rub. I believe you mentioned you have the Qs3 but maybe have a second look by compressing the front end.
Thanks for the heads up.

D0B32FAD-C9A2-4BED-AF1C-B418DCA3BDA1.jpeg
Funny you mention this. Both my brother and I have 19’ SRXs. They were sitting in the garage side by side and I noticed that our springs were installed both ways! Mine is on the right and I think this would be the preferred way. With all the coils bound up at the bottom as on the left, it would be prone to collect snow and ice.

View attachment 158257 Funny you mention this. Both my brother and I have 19’ SRXs. They were sitting in the garage side by side and I noticed that our springs were installed both ways! Mine is on the right and I think this would be the preferred way. With all the coils bound up at the bottom as on the left, it would be prone to collect snow and ice.
Minor point but also the end of the spring with the coils close together is heavier (more steel) than other end. I'd want the "light" end of the spring to be the movable end that has to quickly move and down as the ski hits bumps.

To clarify, on a Sidewinder 2017 137 LTX (non-SRX) to change to lower ride height, I need 2019 SRX springs and SRX front strap.
Im looking to get a lower CG.

Minor point but also the end of the spring with the coils close together is heavier (more steel) than other end. I'd want the "light" end of the spring to be the movable end that has to quickly move and down as the ski hits bumps.
My 2019 srx came with the tight coils up this makes it easier to push the rubber stops up to see if your bottoming out

Back