• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX Studs

Do you have a death wish my friend?!

I get the driveway and garage thing, but can’t inagine not studding a monster like these things are!

I hear ya on the driveway thing... This is why I maintain a low engagement and use ski wheels... Caliber ski wheels...

If you want to run NO studs, this 998 truly needs alot more lug then at very min IMO....And if you want a tune, forget it...You will wrap this sled around a tree right NOW without studs on a 1".

Any SRX needs at least some studs, or even a pre-studded track to be somewhat safe.

Dan

If you want to run NO studs, this 998 truly needs alot more lug then at very min IMO....And if you want a tune, forget it...You will wrap this sled around a tree right NOW without studs on a 1".

Any SRX needs at least some studs, or even a pre-studded track to be somewhat safe.

Dan
x2 ,

I m putting 144 centre only 4/2 woody's gold diggers, to those who don't own an 19 srx try one, you'll be impressed on how this track hooks up on a hard pack trail without studs, wich is what this sled was designed for, yes of course it's better with studs ... I agree, but still wasn't expecting the sled to hook up that well without studs. The Ripsaw II track sure impressed me, especially from what everyone were saying before the sleds were released ...

Just curious , anybody not studding their SRX and how do you like the 1 inch track
i tried not studding my apex ltx gt when i first got it in feb 2010. i put 3300km on it and twice i got in trouble. we were riding across the sequin(railway bed) when my brother was flagging me down. i was only going the 50km/h (posted limited) and i had to hit the brakes. the machine slide all the way to the washout with the skis overhanging the 4ft drop. boy that got my blood pumping. if i had studs it would've stopped a lot quicker.
then in dec 2011 just after xmas we had to cross lake couchiching because the trail was closed. halfway across the lake the machine broke through the top layer of ice and there was about 2 ft of slush between that and another layer of ice. the machine went sideways spinning at 50mph. i thought should as heck i was going to barrel roll the thing. the next day i went out and bought 192 woody gold diggers.

i currently own a srx and ive got 96 1.325 triggers in it. it still spins and slides pretty good on the ice. please do yourself a favour and put at least 96 studs of some sort if you wanna survive a mishap.

20200329_132143.jpg
i tried not studding my apex ltx gt when i first got it in feb 2010. i put 3300km on it and twice i got in trouble. we were riding across the sequin(railway bed) when my brother was flagging me down. i was only going the 50km/h (posted limited) and i had to hit the brakes. the machine slide all the way to the washout with the skis overhanging the 4ft drop. boy that got my blood pumping. if i had studs it would've stopped a lot quicker.
then in dec 2011 just after xmas we had to cross lake couchiching because the trail was closed. halfway across the lake the machine broke through the top layer of ice and there was about 2 ft of slush between that and another layer of ice. the machine went sideways spinning at 50mph. i thought should as heck i was going to barrel roll the thing. the next day i went out and bought 192 woody gold diggers.

i currently own a srx and ive got 96 1.325 triggers in it. it still spins and slides pretty good on the ice. please do yourself a favour and put at least 96 studs of some sort if you wanna survive a mishap.
Did you follow the pattern on the track? There are circle and triangle marks. I'm not sure which is the right one to use.

I m putting 144 centre only 4/2 woody's gold diggers, to those who don't own an 19 srx try one, you'll be impressed on how this track hooks up on a hard pack trail without studs, wich is what this sled was designed for, yes of course it's better with studs ... I agree, but still wasn't expecting the sled to hook up that well without studs. The Ripsaw II track sure impressed me, especially from what everyone were saying before the sleds were released ...
The SRX comes with a Ripsaw I track, not a Ripsaw II.

When I first got my 2020 SRX I tried to go without studs but found I couldn't keep it strait when I hit the gas (even at 80 it would spin)
But what bothered me the most was that I could not crawl up a hill when the trail was boney without spinning the track. I put just 96 studs up the middle using the circle marks on the track and it made a huge difference but I just trail ride the sled. Overall I think the 1 inch track with some studding is a great track on this sled.

Back