• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX Suspension??????

sledheadgeorge

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Which one? I have 6
Question for all you SRX riders.
Will this machine need a heavier rate spring on the front shock, rear skid?
I needed one on my 2018 Sidewinder LTX. I am a 210lb rider.

I had tried a heavier spring on my 2017 129 Sidewinder and didn't like what it did to the ride. I went back to stock on that sled.
I put a dual rate spring from Hygear in my 2014 137 viper with good results.
On my 2022 Winder I never rode it with the stock shocks so I can't say...
There are a lot of people who do upgrade that spring though, I just didn't like a heavy spring in that chassis in my 2017 or my 2020 ZR 800.
I think choosing the correct spring is important, not just a heavier one.
I think that front skid shock would be the first one I would upgrade. It seems to get the most punishment, yet it is the shock they cheeped out on.
Put a better lower shock shaft in while you're in there. If you are riding hard enough to blow through that spring, you will eventually bend that shaft.

I think the need for a different front spring should be considered if you ride hard through bad trails and/or you weigh more than 225 dressed. If you are a lighter rider and run mostly groomed trails the stock spring is OK. I use the viper spring on mine and like it.

Question for all you SRX riders.
Will this machine need a heavier rate spring on the front shock, rear skid?
I needed one on my 2018 Sidewinder LTX. I am a 210lb rider.
no

I’m 280lb and I put a 160lb in the front of my 23 srx last year, I had a 180lb in my 17 ltx le and think I’m gonna try that this year on the srx. I ordered stx rear springs that I’ll be putting in this year also. The srx doesn’t seem to be as stiff as the 17 ltx le. I miss the QS3Rs!!!

Thanks everyone. I do have the heavier rate spring from Arctic Cat that I used on my previous Sidewinder. Hope it works if I need it. Does anyone know if it will fit the SRX?

Cat has been using the same progressive rate spring on that shock since 2017. Stock it's a 90/250 spring (Cat pn 1704-736). Many of us (I weigh 200 ready to ride) felt it was too light on the initial compression causing heavy ski pressure with darting and some diving when getting on brakes hard. Lots of us have gone to a heavier Cat spring pn 2704-229 which is 160/250, or the Bill Mohr Stingray spring which is straight rate 160#.
I've run both and prefer the Cat dual rate spring because I can run less preload but still have good transition to stiffer 250 rate. Mohr spring is just linear.

Last edited:
2704-260 ?

Can’t find that spring .

This is close
1701469394486.png

Bill Mohr Stingray spring works better then what came stock (dual spring QS3), on my 2017 LTX-LE ! All other shocks on that sled are the QS3r, and I will say that my rear springs stay on setting 1. Very impressive ride and handling on my old Blue!

I also have the stingray spring with all QS3r shocks. Everything set at 1 works really well Sometimes 2 on the rear shock if I want a little more. I'm not one to tinker with settings much on the trail. Overall, I'm happy with those settings for the trail riding I do. I would add that if you front shock is weak, you will bottom out that spring/arm easily. I could see where some might like the heavy bottom end

Back