• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stalling Grizz

hope they figure this out (what am i thinking its yamaha they will), our next one will be the griz 700.

They put an 08 roll over valve in this week. Am taking it out today, will let you know (again). i would not let this deter you from this machine. If it does stall, it ALWAYS restarts without problem. This ride is the BEST. Just a hiccup to get rid of, and it will be perfect.

same here,it dont bother me much,it always starts back right up.its only when its really warmed up and you go to take off,if youre too easy on the throttle it will stall,if you hit the throttle a liitle harder,its fine,non issue for me,i love this bike,already racked up 1000 miles since i got it in mid september,i noticed when i check the oil,even after 1000 miles,its still gold in color,the oil in my old 660 would turn black in the first 100 miles,hasnt used a drop yet

Sorry guys, it still stalled today. But only after 8-10 miles. So, it's better, but still not there yet. I agree, no big deal, but unnecessary. Especially after all the money you spend for a new ride. If my truck did the same thing, back to the dealer till it is fixed, same with the bike. I just think it should run right after spending $10,000. Call me picky. I still love it, though and wouldn't get rid of it. Anyone that rides it wants one immediately.

well everything was great for the first 15 miles
' then it started stalling again. this time they put a 08 rolover valve in it . boy am i fed up. any other things to try please let me know.

i sent mine in on the weekend. they said that they were also going to install a roll over valve. they said that would be the cure. they are also
going to look at a little overheating problem. i will keep you guys updated. i hope this fixes it.

roll over valve wont fix it, allready tried it .they also tried playing with the fuel management, still keeps stalling. let me know when you find out. you need to spray your radiator out good after a ride,the bottom of it is probably pluged with mud.use a flashlight and see if you can see through it.bet its all mud.

solution

there is adjustments that need to be done on your throttle body. i was havin the same problem and i had it back to the dealer twice and they had to make new adjustment in the throttle body. the dealer ship that i had it done at was in st.john's, newfoundland, just in case u want to contact them to see what they are. sense i had it done my bike is way more responsive and don't stall!!

Back