• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starter, Gears and One Way Clutch Inspection

I don't recall these being 7mm, but I could be totally wrong.
Why not just make your own? Start with a more common bolt and run the correct die over it.

I have considered that I am looking for a 7mm 125 pitch hex die now. I'm not sure if I run a 100 pitch bolt which is a finer thread I believe through a 125 if the threads will be strong enough. But I think at this point the worse that can happen is the bolts may strip when using the puller. I
don't think the flywheel would strip. Otherwise maybe take a 8mm and go down a size.
yeah 7mm is on in it's self but a 125 is even more obscure.
Thanks a lot for your help!

I wish I had one here in front of me.
I've had these apart before and I don't recall ever using a 7mm dia x 1mm pitch bolt here, because I don't think I have any of those bolts.
Maybe you already know this, but the pitch is the distance in mm between the tops of the threads.

I have a friend who has a UTV had the same issue trying to find a 7mm-125. Lire 1000 back a few posts said it was a 7-125.
A 6 slides through the hole an 8 is too big wont even start. a 7mm-100 will start in the hole but binds as it goes in. Thanks for the explanation I only
know enough to be dangerous. I too could still be wrong. Thanks again for your help.

ended up using a 2 jaw puller and a little heat. With a few wacks she was off.
Next question after replacing relay, starter clutch, flywheel gear, idler gear and starter. I finally started it today and the starter wants to hang in the fly wheel for about 4 tenths of a second causing a high pitched whine. normally I would let it ride for a while to see if all wears in but with all the starter and gear issues they've had I'm a little hesitant to put it all together. Has anyone seen this issue before? Thanks for any information..

Thanks Cannondale27 I thought of that during during my sleepless night. Any idea what would cause that noise and or do you think I should be concerned?

I think it’s common if I remember right. Must just be the one way dragging a little. Once miles are on I think it goes away. Others will hopefully chime in here.

Thanks again for your input. I was thinking that as well but I don't have any experience with it. The noise is definitely coming from the starter when I listen to the stethoscope. Cant hear it any where else. Unless someone has any other info I was going to keep an ear on it and see what happens. The new design clutch was a lot beefier for sure. Thanks again for your help.

Back