• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock Muffler Modification Pictures Wanted

MountainMax

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Apex
I was thinking of making my stock muffler a little louder, and wondered what was the best place to cut into the muffler to get at the baffles, I was going to drill some holes in them or remove some. I would love to see some pics of mods and where i can cut into it. hope you guys can help, thanks.

first take a grinder to both layers of muffler and cut a 3 sides if a square out and fold it up.There will be two round baffles and cut both out completely and then fold muffler down and tac it together. we did it to all our yamis and it is uncostly and sounds great.is a very unique sound thta every one will no u are comin!!

Thats GREAT! Everyone will no you are comin! Landowners too! Hopefully the landowers will not be shutting down the trails! It will be lotsa fun for the local clubs to have to reroute. Loud pipes are the number ONE complaint ! Loud Pipes are the biggest reason for trail changes! Landowners love screamin pipes while they are tryin to sleep! Please leave it stock.

im not making it as loud as aftermarket exhausts, my buddy has a nytro with one and it's downright anoying, I just wanted a slightly louder sound, not much. and there are no land owners or trail clubs where I live, only a company owned town and nothing for 300km in every direction from my town.

Honk said:
Thats GREAT! Everyone will no you are comin! Landowners too! Hopefully the landowers will not be shutting down the trails! It will be lotsa fun for the local clubs to have to reroute. Loud pipes are the number ONE complaint ! Loud Pipes are the biggest reason for trail changes! Landowners love screamin pipes while they are tryin to sleep! Please leave it stock.

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we cant lose anymore trails, or we will be riding circles in our yards.
honk where do you ride?

MountainMax said:
im not making it as loud as aftermarket exhausts, my buddy has a nytro with one and it's downright anoying, I just wanted a slightly louder sound, not much. and there are no land owners or trail clubs where I live, only a company owned town and nothing for 300km in every direction from my town.

I don't think we have to worry about any trails closing here in labrador due to loud snowmobiles :jump:

really.... I did hear of some places that they were ok till like 12am or something in town.

300 Km, That would be SWEET! No Landoweners! Working around so many different landowners is really a chore! Big Time. Our club has around 130 miles, with well over 425 differnt parcels. The state wants permission from each and every one. Its even harder dealing with the state land, and all there seperate issues. They really make us jump through the hoops. Seems as though it was more fun 30 years ago. Back then you went fifty miles in a full day. today ya do many times that. But it is at a price. If the voulenteirs all quit, there would be nothing. Thanks for settin me straight, I just was fearing more reroutes.

CoPo> I ride Catt Co. and Chaut Co. What to try gettin together? Honk

Back